Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just curious as to who makes that a great staff. Mason is obviously a great DC. Not thrilled with Bobo and Friend. Many of the others came from G5 schools just like ours. Ellarbe has a great reputation, and Garner is better than their DL coach.
Garner is going to be their fans answer to our Pittman anguish.

Great recruiter of Detroit, will likely contact some of their current targets with whom he has relationships for Tennessee. Expects Tennessee to pick it up in the Midwest. The last few years the defense has been the strength of Penn State moreso than the offense. Teaches forcing fumbles. Says he thinks Banks is ready for this job, has been wanting to get back to calling plays and been looking for the right spot. Pry was the playcaller, but would consult frequently with Banks about gameplanning. Somebody was going to hire this guy in the near future to coordinate a defense, if Tennessee didn't hire him, someone else would have this year or next. Will probably take a year implementing the system before you really start to see its potential, when it is all said and done Tennessee fans should be happy with this hire.

Tony should have better Cliffs' up on his blog tomorrow morning.

Great recruiter of Detroit, will likely contact some of their current targets with whom he has relationships for Tennessee. Expects Tennessee to pick it up in the Midwest. The last few years the defense has been the strength of Penn State moreso than the offense. Teaches forcing fumbles. Says he thinks Banks is ready for this job, has been wanting to get back to calling plays and been looking for the right spot. Pry was the playcaller, but would consult frequently with Banks about gameplanning. Somebody was going to hire this guy in the near future to coordinate a defense, if Tennessee didn't hire him, someone else would have this year or next. Will probably take a year implementing the system before you really start to see its potential, when it is all said and done Tennessee fans should be happy with this hire.

Great info, much appreciated.

They have brainwashed kids for the last 30 years. I know the earth is warming, I also know the earth has warmed and cooled many times..every single cycle without our help...they leave that simple fact out.

It's more a function of solar activity/inactivity. Might be able to move the needle a fraction by human activity. Sources of energy will evolve like they always have. It was less than 150 years ago that the first 4 stroke combustion engine was built, now look at things.

Hated the previous incarnation of the 4-2-5, but Pruitt’s vision of the multiple 3-4 base never took off either.

Reactions: Dudley Smith
Greatest wrestler of all time:

1A: Sting
1B: Goldber
1C: Hulk Hogan

Everybody else. Don’t @Me

What? Wrestler, as in, in ring wrestling performer, or biggest draw?
Cause Goldberg and Hogan are about as good an in ring wrestler as the Ultimate Warrior or the Rock.
I'm not gonna take the time to do it, but I'm sure I could list a hundred guys that were better wrestlers than Goldberg or Hogan.

Biggest draws ... well, now that's a whole nother story.

Now, Sting ... feak athlete, was way ahead of his time. Great performer that was made to look much better, depending on who he wrestled.
nwa-clash-of-the-champions-19880327-005.gif

All just my opinion of course ...

Great info, much appreciated.
Happy to. After he got done, Tony got a text from a Penn State fan/friend of his who said Banks is a great recruiter but just average as a defensive coordinator and they don't expect to have much trouble replacing him.

Honestly, I wasn't expecting Dave Aranda with this hire. If the offense does what it is supposed to, I can live with a middle-of-the-road defense whose DC recruits well.

In my lifetime we’ve “weathered” the experts telling us we’d all be dead from:

Global Ice Age
Famine and drought (starvation)
Ozone depletion (death by UV)
Acid Rain
Rising temps, leading to...
Rising oceans
California breaking into ocean (still hoping)
Coastal cities all wiped out (20 years ago)
Global ice caps melted (7 years ago)
Overpopulation
Oil gone (50 years ago)
Water depleted
Killer bees
Global warming
Killer hurricanes
Climate change
Unprecedented winter storms
Wildfires now

I’m sure I’m missing some since Covid was also a manifestation of climate change as well.

Anyhow, I refuse to live with that kind of fear. That and butter and eggs will kill you.

At the end of the day, it’s a means to and end: taxation of air, the only thing people thought you couldn’t tax and control
Did you get this analysis from Qanon or the Tiger King?

Would like to suggest the Hank discussion be moved to the off topic thread as it is unlikely anyone's opinion/perspective/stance is going to change. Have found putting more posters on ignore makes it interesting trying to follow conversations (leaves much to one's imagination ;)) Same could be said about the climate discussion as well but that is just me. Just my $.02

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back