Rick Barnes discussion [merged]

I'm ready for a new coach. UT missed a great opportunity when he didn't go to UCLA.

UT is always hiring coaches after a coach has failed and been fired.

Just one time I'd like to see UT hire a coach when a program isn't in distress and the job is seen as very desirable and someone good wants the job.
You are coming across as a troll. This isn't true in basketball.

Bruce Pearl was fired, but in terms of wins and losses, he didn't fail. We were only one year removed from the Elite 8 at the time of his firing. He never missed the NCAA Tournament.

Cuonzo Martin wasn't fired. We made the Sweet 16 in his last season.

Or I mean White could hire Nate Oats since that was his guy he hired at Buffalo. Of course not replacing Barnes that would be stupid right now but after Barnes retires I would not mind at all if White hired Oats. Young and seems like he has Bama trending in the right direction.

Reactions: Border Vol
UVA got bounced in the first round. Guess they should fire Bennett. Duke, KY and Gonzaga have all been recently bounced early. Guess Cal, Coach K and Few should look for other employment.

Yes. People can’t comprehend there is variance in basketball.

It’s not football where the best team wins the game 90% of the time.

Soooooo........just trying to understand what is happening in this thread from OP. Now that we've made a decent DC hire and there isnt much to whine about football wise right now, we grasp at straws of things to complain about and the first one you come up with is firing a #16 ranked Tennessee coach who has a pretty good winning record right now?...........I mean........this is one of the only decent teams we have on campus right now, this argument makes absolutely no sense.

Yes. People can’t comprehend there is variance in basketball.

It’s not football where the best team wins the game 90% of the time.

Its also a sport where the best players are often children. Not 21-22 year olds. In a format that requires 6 wins on a neutral floor. It’s a crap shoot. A thrilling, beautiful crap shoot.

at the end of this season. Belmont's Casey Alexander should be hired to coach the Vols.
How bout you retire before you get started....That is a more workable solution....Go have a drink if you are old enough and think about it for a while....Gibberish

Reactions: Vollifer1949
Barnes has landed 4 of the top 7 recruits in our programs history since rankings started. Yeah let’s fire that guy.
And we still don't play with consistency or anywhere close to our potential. Hopefully they will put it together and get hot in the tourney. If so, then unexcusable losses during the season will be overlooked. If they don't improve, they will be bounced the first weekend. No more excuses then.

Reactions: 08Vol

VN Store

Back