Rick Barnes discussion [merged]

Jeff Bezos should sell Amazon for 1 Million Dollars.

Bama should fire Saban and admit the total dollar amount their players have been given in the past 20 years.

This is the dumb idea thread, right?

at the end of this season. Belmont's Casey Alexander should be hired to coach the Vols.
Maybe you don't like that four of the top 7 highest ranked recruits at UT since 2000 came from Barnes...or that he took 3* guys and turned them into NBA players...or that we're pretty universally looked at as in the top 3 programs in SEC year over year. Yeah, let's get him to retire so UTAD can figure how we can get more with less, as we have in football.

Rick Barnes coached teams, since the 2007-2008 season (Texas and Tennessee), have ONE Sweet Sixteen appearance.

Last edited:
Reactions: 08Vol
I'm ready for a new coach. UT missed a great opportunity when he didn't go to UCLA.

UT is always hiring coaches after a coach has failed and been fired.

Just one time I'd like to see UT hire a coach when a program isn't in distress and the job is seen as very desirable and someone good wants the job.
Rbf7713bcdf57ba5133b6281c37b30520.gif

at the end of this season. Belmont's Casey Alexander should be hired to coach the Vols.

Maybe you are on the wrong board... I hear UK's coach needs replacing given their year and player rankings
Maybe 1200DumbestPostingIndividual is the best a blue troll can do

Reactions: Vollifer1949
Two years ago we were #1 in the nation.....for the whole month of January. We've been top ten for a major part of this season. 3 5-stars on the roster and maybe the best of them all signed for next year.

I feel dirty even posting on this thread.

Before Bruce Pearl, Tennessee Basketball was middle of the pack and rarely got national attention. We all saw what happened during the Tyndall year and Counzo years. Is this season a little underwhelming? Sure. But Rick Barnes is arguably one of the best, if not THE best, coaches in Tennessee basketball history. When have we ever had a team #1 in the national polls for 5-straight weeks? Before 2018, never.

So, yeah. Let's run off a future Hall of Fame coach. It would be the Tennessee way.

Rick Barnes coached teams, since the 2007-2008 season, have ONE Sweet Sixteen appearance.
Nobody here cares about what he did at Texas from 2007-2015. He took over a program without much talent and his 3rd and 4th seasons in 2018 and 2019 were very good. Players developed and maximized their full potential and we won a lot of games... but we did have two excruciating losses in the NCAA Tournament. That's the way it goes in college basketball. See the careers of Ray Meyer and Gene Keady. Should we take a chance on another coaching search? Hell no.

VN Store

Back