Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d be plenty happy with Shoop IF someone could explain what happened with him at Michigan this year.

I think there must have been some personal issues that happened and I have yet to see what it was. I don’t think it was covid related but maybe it was
We been there once don’t want to go again

I never said it was racist. I just think it is not accurate. I should not have said anything. I will drop it. Apologize if I offended.
Not offended at all. There's very few people on this site that I care what their opinion of me is. You are one of them. I'm not sure why you considered my post below my normal standards. It's been said that they are going out their way to make a "diversity" hire. My point was when do we try to hire the best person regardless of color? We've tried and struck out with multiple african american coaches for both the head coach and the defensive coordinator. At so e point in time we need to just make a hire.

I find it odd that if you try to look up the roster on UTSports all it shows is Heupel. No other players or coaches listed.
Maybe CJH wants the entire staff hired before assigning any official titles in case there is some shuffling. Hire the best assistants then place them in their most helpful roles.

Don’t tell that to @MarcoVol. He thinks Shoop is a terrible coach. He is a good coach. Thank you for sharing.

Don’t think he’s a terrible coach.

Just not willing to excuse his time here by blaming it on Butch and not willing to overlook how bad his D fell off his 2nd year at Miss St. Those years happened and it shows inconsistency. Now he hasn’t been a DC for a few years and hasn’t been scheming against these high powered offenses. All red flags.

Literally no matter who they hire I’m gonna be on board. Even if it’s T-Rob (some were mentioning) and I think he’s a terrible DC. Great DB coach. But terrible DC.

Reactions: Deebowbear
Thanks, man, for dragging me back into the sh!t heap. My point was that UT wants to explore diversity candidates from all backgrounds-- and the university does exactly that as a matter of policy. The president and chancellor have said that numerous times in numerous venues, in support of UT's diversity program and its formal guidelines, which apply to all departments.

I did not say that anybody is mandating hiring someone of a specific color or ignoring or passing over people of a different color, gender, ethnicity or sexual persuasion. I did not say this is why it's taking so long to complete the staff, nor did I imply that hiring a minority (of any minority group) is "less than" or "not as qualified" as any other hire. It's neither mutually inclusive or exclusive.
Lol, sorry for putting words in your mouth. Wasn't my intent. From your post I got that they preferred a diversity hire. I didn't mean to insinuate that they were dictating a diversity hire. My apologies if my post came away reading like that.

Thanks. For $5/mo it might be worth it to fly through all the Lasso episodes.

We already have Youtube TV - $10/mo
Hulu - $5/mo
HBO Max - $0/mo
Netflix - up to $10/mo I believe
ESPN+/Disney - $11/mo

Before long we'll be back to just paying regular old cable prices with 15 different apps 😂
In what universe are you paying 10/month for you tube tv?

My son played all through school and played in-line hockey for UTC and now that he is out of school he still plays ice hockey in the "Beer Leagues" in Nashville. One thing that is hard for most to understand about Hockey is how rough it really is. There is no way a person can run as fast as they skate and when they get boarded it is not a little bump. If you ever want to see something wild go and watch a High School Hockey match. Think about it, you give 15-18 year old kids pads and sticks and tell them to get after it and Mayhem is sure to ensue and it usually does.

I’ve played football, rugby and hockey in my life, and I agree, I had the most injuries playing travel hockey while in high school. Getting hit into the boards, if you have the time to brace for it, isn’t bad at all. It’s the open ice hits that hurt the most because usually it’s because you’re skating with your head down and you don’t see the hit coming.

Wouldn’t surprise me if I’ve played against your son. I play in the beer leagues here in Nashville as well. There are a bunch of different tiers to the leagues so we may not have played specifically in the league setting but I play pick up games once or twice a month as well.

We should just open up the bank vault and offer Jim Leonard, DC at Wisconsin. Only 37 and has coached a top 10 defense in 3 of his 4 years. It would be a tough pull given he is at his alma mater. Don’t assume he won’t come (which is likely), but throw out a huge offer and make him say no. What’s the harm?

Because just opening up the bank doesn’t work.

This is random, but I’ve been thinking about my grandparents today. Thinking of their voices and how they talked - how they would sometimes use “kindly” instead of “kind of”....how, when you would ask my grandfather how he’s doing, he’d reply with “Better than I been a bein’”.

My grandmother died 2yrs ago. She was the last one of my grandparents to pass. Thankful I got to spend a lot of time with all four of my grandparents. I know a lot of folks who don’t get that.

I have a few years before I’m a grandparent, but I’m really looking forward to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back