DC hire getting out of hand.

The difference between my post and yours was that mine was nothing but facts that can't be argued with, while yours is juvenile nonsense. People who know they have been made to look foolish typically resort to total fabrication, so I'm not suprised.
You're resorting to fantasy, make-believe what if scenarios of a state university being organized like the Green Bay Packers organization, so tell me again who is resorting to "juvenile nonsense" and "total fabrication".

Reactions: Red Forman
So because someone spends money, they suddenly are immune from criticism? Are you from Russia?

News flash: I'm not the only person in America that thinks poorly of our boosters. Read an article or two sometime written by national sportswriters and see how flattering they are of said boosters.

It's a pretty simple concept: the boosters have taken it upon themselves, entirely separate from the will of the fans, to run this program more like a Wal-Mart than the cherished cultural institution that it is. Believe it or not, this football program has been followed ardently for over a hundred years now by millions upon millions of people both from the great state of Tennessee and other locales all across the earth. And just because a handful of arrogant egomaniacs decide one day that they can make it their personal plaything and run it off a cliff to admire the conflagration that ensues, does not mean that those millions of people who follow the program have to be happy with that destruction, or clam up like sheep while it is happening.

Is the booster money significant, yes. Like anyone else they do not have to open up their checkbooks to pay for hires they have no confidence in. It is up to the AD to find coaches and get the necessary financial backing to put them in place. Not voting yes is typically enough to eliminate candidates, but does anyone have evidence they have actually entered candidates to the process? Way too many times our ADs have emptied the HC chair without a legitimate short list of coaches where our people have talked to their people and winked. This of course leads us to these less than productive searches where some have assumed we could play the THIS IS TENNESSEE card. Each search had to come to an end, and they have not gone well. Yes these guys have had to buy in to the assumed best candidate, but in fact none were probably a homerun. We will never know. We do know that this search is in a similar position, but this time it is not an AD induced panic search, but a sitting HC induced panic search. Eventually we will need some money guys to step up and they probably will even if not confident that the guy is THE solution, but a solution.

Your post is so dumb it almost doesn't warrant debunking.

But because it's also easier to debunk than probably any post in the history of a message board:

Since 2008, the Packers have made the playoffs ten times.

In that span, they have played for the NFC championship four times.

In that span, they have won a Super Bowl.

Since 2008, we have had a total of five seasons with winning records, and no seasons in which we did not lose at least four games. We have played for zero championships, SEC or otherwise.

So yeah, UT football is right there neck and neck in results with the Packers.
You can always find another team to cheer for. It is your right to spread your misery but all your complaints and criticism aren’t going to get you any closer to what you want from this program. A wiser move if you don’t like it and don’t have any faith in it ever getting better then go look for better options. Not a mandate for you, just saying why stay miserable?

Reactions: Hubbard
No, you were just calling boosters pieces of crap. What does that make you? I mean how much money do you kick into UT every year? You have every right to your opinion, When you start calling people that are paying names, it makes you look well.....you know.
Found Haslam’s burner account.

Believe Rodgers has decided to stay in the NFL. I think Conklin was involved in the search but don’t believe he’s ever been the focus of it and as mentioned in this thread it’s getting potential too late there. I’m not sure where the search might pivot now.

So because someone spends money, they suddenly are immune from criticism? Are you from Russia?

News flash: I'm not the only person in America that thinks poorly of our boosters. Read an article or two sometime written by national sportswriters and see how flattering they are of said boosters.

It's a pretty simple concept: the boosters have taken it upon themselves, entirely separate from the will of the fans, to run this program more like a Wal-Mart than the cherished cultural institution that it is. Believe it or not, this football program has been followed ardently for over a hundred years now by millions upon millions of people both from the great state of Tennessee and other locales all across the earth. And just because a handful of arrogant egomaniacs decide one day that they can make it their personal plaything and run it off a cliff to admire the conflagration that ensues, does not mean that those millions of people who follow the program have to be happy with that destruction, or clam up like sheep while it is happening.
And I agree with you on many points. Just looks bad when you start calling other fans (boosters) that donate large amounts of money to the University pieces of crap or whatever you called them. Just for the record, I gave your last post a like. ;)

I honestly don’t think I care about the defense anymore as long as we score more points than the other team. The offense was so bad last year, especially in the red zone, we couldn’t buy a touch down. All Happy Meal jokes aside, we can still win with a bad defense.

Last edited:
Reactions: HuntlandVolinColo
You're resorting to fantasy, make-believe what if scenarios of a state university being organized like the Green Bay Packers organization, so tell me again who is resorting to "juvenile nonsense" and "total fabrication".
Did I say the university? I did not - I said the football program. Go ahead and list the federal or state law that prohibits what I suggested. Otherwise, you're just spouting foolishness, as usual.

You can always find another team to cheer for. It is your right to spread your misery but all your complaints and criticism aren’t going to get you any closer to what you want from this program. A wiser move if you don’t like it and don’t have any faith in it ever getting better then go look for better options. Not a mandate for you, just saying why stay miserable?
I'll let you know when I value your opinion on which team I should follow. I value it every bit as much as I do our boosters, as in, not at all.

Did I say the university? I did not - I said the football program. Go ahead and list the federal or state law that prohibits what I suggested. Otherwise, you're just spouting foolishness, as usual.
Newsflash: The UT football program is part of the university. Your entire line of thought is foolish, uninformed, juvenile nonsense consistent with a lot of the hypothetical crap that gets posted on Volnation.

Last edited:
Reactions: Red Forman
They don’t know anymore than we do and it could very well be the case that he isn’t concerned with a hiring timeframe. We can debate whether that is smart or not 🤷‍♂️
247 lost all sources and when people call them out for the lack of updates the posts get deleted. They are hurt hurt that they cannot perform at their jobs now and cannot take on that criticism.

Newsflash: The UT football program is part of the university. Your entire line of thought is foolish, uninformed, juvenile nonsense consistent with a lot of the hypothetical crap that gets posted on Volnation.
I am truly crushed that you think so. I will lose almost a nanosecond of sleep worrying about what you think.

there could be several points as to why DW could not anticipate..

He was rejected from several coaches on even discussing the head coaching position.

He spoke with 3-4 prospects and was told no thank you on coming to Tennessee.

He basically defaulted to a guy he knew as being the best he was going to get..

Now, White could have still been waiting to announce Heupel as his head coach while letting him try to find a defensive coordinator before announcing him. How bad would things look if we were still under the impression at this point that White didn't have a head coach??

I love to know how many coaches have been contacted regarding the DC position?? I'm betting it exceeds 20 at this point. Not that Heupel has had conversations with everyone of them, but they were at least asked if they would be interested in discussing the job.

SO here we are.. doubt many UT fans end up thrilled once hire made.. way down the list of potential candidates at this point.

Offer up the proof of any of this.

Offer up the proof of any of this.

are you new to message boards? if you want postings with proof, you're going to be disappointed and not be happy. Message boards are opinions based on word of mouth information.. I suggest you find other avenues because this will likely not work for you. JMO

Reactions: Behr
Holy smokes, you’re making way more of this, and for what reason, I do not know.

I was clear in saying that the discussion of who Heupel expected to be on his staff is very likely a basic point of discussion during the interview process. Clearly, that didn’t happen.

You’re going off the deep end on things I did not say. So go bark at the moon with someone else.
Our new AD could walk onto shields-Watkins, hold up a white dog turd, claim it’s a crystal football and half of Volnation would declare us national champs!
🤦‍♂️
GBO!!

Our new AD could walk onto shields-Watkins, hold up a white dog turd, claim it’s a crystal football and half of Volnation would declare us national champs!
🤦‍♂️
GBO!!

He could hold up the crystal football and many would complain that he wasn't holding it correctly, he held it too long, or should not have touched it.

VN Store

Back