Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
tennessee-takeawayfrommediadays-image.jpg

Too soon?

If u werenā€™t a pastor I might say a few choice words. Lol

He shot 61% and got more shots last year. Heā€™s shooting 52% this year on less shots.

Last year, he led the team in scoring in 8 of the last 14 games, including wins against OM, Vandy, UF, and UK. He was scoring in the 20ā€™s. We donā€™t need him to score 20, but heā€™s obviously shown that he can be the leading scorer and at least give us 10-15 per night.
At the beginning of this year, we were scoring 80 to 100 points a game with 6 guys in double figures. We need that team back :):)

This might not be popular but Pons and Faulk are not good enough.

They have reached their ceiling and are not good enough to start on any top 15 team.

We wonā€™t win anything significant with them.
I think Pons may have cost himself lots of money by returning for his senior year

Reactions: Smokeytom
DEREK JONES COACHING EXPERIENCE
2020 ā€“ Texas Tech Associate Head Coach/Co-Defensive Coordinator (Secondary)
2018-19 ā€“ Duke Associate Head Coach (Defensive Backs)
2015-17 ā€“ Duke Assistant Coach (Cornerbacks/Assistant Special Teams Coordinator)
2008-14 ā€“ Duke Assistant Coach (Defensive Backs/Assistant Special Teams Coordinator)
2007 ā€“ Memphis Assistant Coach (Cornerbacks)
2006 ā€“ Tulsa Assistant Coach (Cornerbacks)
2005 ā€“ Middle Tennessee State Assistant Coach (Defensive Backs)
2000-04 ā€“ Murray State Assistant Coach (Cornerbacks/Recruiting Coordinator)
1999 ā€“ Ole Miss Graduate Assistant (Defense)
1998 ā€“ Ole Miss Graduate Assistant (Football Operations/Recruiting)

I am sending a trend in the candidates. Young, ties to the state of TN, Power 5 stops interesting.

One thing Jones -did- do in his first year at TTU, they went from giving up almost 310 yards in the passing game to just 258.5 this season. Duke's defense also fell off big time this year with him gone.

He's a similar up & comer to Washington, but with his SEC and Tennessee ties (as well as working with Cut for so long) he may be a legit candidate. Not my favorite choice, but he seems pretty loyal if we give him his shot and he does well he'll stay put for awhile I think (would take a HC job to pull him away).

One thing Jones -did- do in his first year at TTU, they went from giving up almost 310 yards in the passing game to just 258.5 this season. Duke's defense also fell off big time this year with him gone.

He's a similar up & comer to Washington, but with his SEC and Tennessee ties (as well as working with Cut for so long) he may be a legit candidate. Not my favorite choice, but he seems pretty loyal if we give him his shot and he does well he'll stay put for awhile I think (would take a HC job to pull him away).
Agree. Seems like a good fit. Wonder how his recruiting chops are?

DEREK JONES COACHING EXPERIENCE
2020 ā€“ Texas Tech Associate Head Coach/Co-Defensive Coordinator (Secondary)
2018-19 ā€“ Duke Associate Head Coach (Defensive Backs)
2015-17 ā€“ Duke Assistant Coach (Cornerbacks/Assistant Special Teams Coordinator)
2008-14 ā€“ Duke Assistant Coach (Defensive Backs/Assistant Special Teams Coordinator)
2007 ā€“ Memphis Assistant Coach (Cornerbacks)
2006 ā€“ Tulsa Assistant Coach (Cornerbacks)
2005 ā€“ Middle Tennessee State Assistant Coach (Defensive Backs)
2000-04 ā€“ Murray State Assistant Coach (Cornerbacks/Recruiting Coordinator)
1999 ā€“ Ole Miss Graduate Assistant (Defense)
1998 ā€“ Ole Miss Graduate Assistant (Football Operations/Recruiting)

I am sending a trend in the candidates. Young, ties to the state of TN, Power 5 stops interesting.
Defenses seem to be pretty good at stopping the pass...which is definitely the way offenses are trending. I am intrigued.

Reactions: Brillovol
Derek Jones from Texas tech is a name thatā€™s surfaced on TOS

I hope not. Iā€™m really starting to get annoyed at this bs limiting your options based on skin color. Just find the best damn guy you can get that can help you win now. Kids asked for that not just a black coach. Iā€™m pretty sure they would be just fine with an Amish mofo if he could coach them to wins. You can literally make all your position coaches minority if you want but donā€™t hire people because you think you need an appearance. No reason this dudes name should be anywhere near our DC search

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back