Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not directed at you at all but why does everyone want Tennessee former players as coaches? I am sorry but there have been quite a few misses in these choices. Hardesty could be a good coach but we just went through 2 and mark me not even remotely impressed. I will say they could have been hampered by Beldar too.

I agree--- the point I was making was there are plenty of RB coaches out there who've actually played the position at a high level that would love to come here and coach... yet we pick a former WR who's been an OC at a small school to come coach a position he's never played when there are other options out there.... I mentioned Hardesty because he checks both boxes... there are probably more experienced RB coaches than Hardesty and I'd take them anytime over Mack. If they just picked him up for recruiting, then we've got bigger issues going on in the background.

Reactions: PYSCHO and Volnerd
I agree--- the point I was making was there are plenty of RB coaches out there who've actually played the position at a high level that would love to come here and coach... yet we pick a former WR who's been an OC at a small school to come coach a position he's never played when there are other options out there.... I mentioned Hardesty because he checks both boxes... there are probably more experienced RB coaches than Hardesty and I'd take them anytime over Mack. If they just picked him up for recruiting, then we've got bigger issues going on in the background.
Got any NAMES? 😏

Reactions: VOLSONLY
Is the honeymoon with DW over?

Ha. Tbh by now there should be no infatuation with any hire. It’s all cautiously optimistic at best but I wanna see it. I have my doubts about everyone from Donde to Danny to Heupel. My favorite person of those three is Josh Heupel. He comes across as authentic. He gets the most benefit of the doubt.

Yeah I wish my brother had taken school seriously too. He was a legit talent. At a bigger high school program he would have had legit offers at some big schools in my opinion.

I think it was his Senior year I came to the homecoming game and he single handedly carried the team. Had like 400 or something total yards. I think he scored every single way possible except for receiving. I know he ran one in, threw one and had a return. Pretty sure he had a pick 6 too.
You remember that one?

For other posters, science's younger brother was about 5'10" or so and 175-185lbs. Was the starting QB, and played both ways (secondary) was 4.5-4.6 guy, the fastest guy on the team. We had a really strong WR too, kid was 6'4" and not much slower. They were fun to watch that season, despite the rest of the team being pretty weak.

What? So if 80% of the roster is one race, you should have 80% of the coaching staff the same? Wow!!! So if I went to a predominantly minority school (which I did) 80% of teachers and admin should have been minority? If a company is 90% white, should they have 90% of company leadership be white? This logic is outrageous. Hire the best people possible and let them do their jobs. This is regardless of whether they are black, white, Asian, Chinese, etc.
But but but affirmative action bro.

Isn’t it just as racist to strike out on five black guys and keep passing up the white guy who is also a good fit for the job? At some point you have to decide you tried to do your part and just take the best candidate, even if he is a whitey.

Every DC candidate talking with DW and JH...
giphy-4.gif

LOL experience.... Mack has zero experience running the ball at RB... period. Hardesty has run the ball as a RB in the SEC for four years and probably most of his life...

No comparison.... how do you teach something you've never done at a high level? YouTube? Observing? Take a lap... Every RB would take advice and coaching from someone who's actually been there and done it than someone who's observed it.

Yep, Mack only has experience running an entire program at age 32 where he won or shared 3 conference championships and then ran the entire offense at a G5 school. I’m sure he has no idea what a RB does or the proper technique for that position. Lol. Seriously?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back