The effort DW puts into secrecy

volfan8

You have to admit. The amount of effort White is putting into this “No Leak” policy is quite ridiculous. If they put half the effort in finding a great coach as they do secrecy/misdirection then it would for sure be home run hires. It’s also pretty childish and smug to do this in 2021. I understand there has to be some confidential information but Auburn and other teams did not do this mess. You’d have less problems just giving a little information like normal administrations. JMO

I disagree with the OP. The way people react to wild and unsubstantiated rumors is the very reason we DW needs to try to keep things close to the vest. I have no problem whatsoever with attempting to keep the rumors and innuendos to a minimum, although I recognize that's impossible for many.

You have to admit. The amount of effort White is putting into this “No Leak” policy is quite ridiculous. If they put half the effort in finding a great coach as they do secrecy/misdirection then it would for sure be home run hires. It’s also pretty childish and smug to do this in 2021. I understand there has to be some confidential information but Auburn and other teams did not do this mess. You’d have less problems just giving a little information like normal administrations. JMO
Considering they’ve made some really great hires so far, there’s more evidence that how they do business is working.

Danny’s the most qualified AD we’ve hired in decades and I trust him to operate how he wants to

"Blue Blood Plumbing" will stop all virtual leaks!

Maybe they put in twice the work to find a coach. But after what Pruitt did and the amount of recruits that left, I would bet he was the best coach that would take the job. As much as I dont want to admit it, TN HC isnt a desired job anymore. 4 consecutive HC hires that put us close to Vandy as far as desirable jobs go. So I am going to treat this hire like all the others. Support and hope they prove all the doubters and haters wrong. There might be some head scratching on some hires. But dont assume they just closed their eyes and pulled a name out of a hat and thats who they hire.

Considering they’ve made some really great hires so far, there’s more evidence that how they do business is working.

Danny’s the most qualified AD we’ve hired in decades and I trust him to operate how he wants to
I wouldn’t call any of them “Really great” by any means. They’ve been decent.

Reactions: LocoVol and Remy
I think you misunderstand the nature of operational security (keeping secrets as an organization).

Sure, it takes some work up front to get everyone to buy in. But once you've got the culture built, it doesn't take a lot of time or effort to maintain it. Basically, just reminding everyone from time to time that it's important, and why.

So...maybe you're just IMAGINING some huge effort he's putting into it right now. Maybe he already did all the heavy lifting in the first week or two, and things are just good now.

Further, there's nothing obviously "childish" or "smug" about operational security. Those adjectives don't even seem to make sense, in this context. Maybe you can explain how you meant them.

How do you know they haven't? Someone sounds butt hurt because they aren't privy to the inner circle. I bet you love it when someone tells you how to do your job as well? :rolleyes:

I think it may have been Ben Franklin that said "Three may keep a secret, if two of them are dead."
It is admirable DW is trying so hard, but it's tougher than most realize...
Only if the team doesn't buy into the need.

We kept secrets in various units I served in all the time. And these were secrets dozens or scores of people might know.

Just takes buy-in from everyone involved. We're not talking about gossips in the back yards of the neighborhood, here.

Reactions: SAPPER 5 and Alto1

News flash..... it is impossible to prove your ASSUMPTION is true or is false. No value add to taking a position.

Reactions: BondJamesBond
Just curious to see what should have been made public that hasn’t been? Should he make a public announcement for each candidate that has turned him down for various positions?

Disagree with this. Remember the whole Schiano debacle? Lose lips sink ships is a saying for a reason and I believe that this is one reason why TN is having a hard time finding some coaches because some of our fans jump off the deep end with information leaking. The only way things gets leaked is by coaches agents, aka Gundy, the leaks should be minimal and only the leaks that the AD wants leaked. To say that this is childish and smug actually says more about you because a company or institution has rights to keep things off record if they want and they don't have to answer to fans or outside individuals. This is one thing that is wrong is that privacy has been forgotten.

UT coaching searches have turned into a nice little pop up industry for Knoxville media the past 20 years.

White should be willing to stimulate the local economy lol

VN Store

Back