VolQuest: DC Job Likely Down to Conklin and Rodgers

It’s a defense that’s required to complement Heupel’s offense. His offense is hyper fast and can score fast or go 3 and out even faster. It puts a lot of pressure on the defense and they will gas out easily. Therefore, instead you have to try to force turnovers and focus on 3d down. Look no further than Ole Miss this year
Ole miss had an awful defense

Ole miss had an awful defense

Yes they did and I’m not sure how much that had to do with their DC or defensive philosophy but that is the type of offense we will have and thus will cause us to give up a lot of points also. Hopefully our defense will be better at forcing turnovers

Reactions: mickey1969
Well...itd be hard to walk back into that locker room of the team you're the HC of. Especially since the team is about to start their season..
I missed something. How is Wofford about to start their season? I've seen that a couple of places and don't understand it.

It’s a defense that’s required to complement Heupel’s offense. His offense is hyper fast and can score fast or go 3 and out even faster. It puts a lot of pressure on the defense and they will gas out easily. Therefore, instead you have to try to force turnovers and focus on 3d down. Look no further than Ole Miss this year
In this conference you can't smoke and mirror a defense. We want our defense to look more like bama or georgia and less like ole miss. To consistently get people off the field you need a stout D in the sec period! GBO!

In this conference you can't smoke and mirror a defense. We want our defense to look more like bama or georgia and less like ole miss. To consistently get people off the field you need a stout D in the sec period! GBO!

I wasn’t implying we want a D like Ole Miss. I’m saying that’s what happens to a defense when you have an offense like Heupel’s and Ole Miss. Heupel knows the type of defense he needs. He said it at his press conference

Tampa Bay DL Coach on facing an offense like Kansas City...Kacy Rodgers stresses the importance of getting pressure with just a 4-man rush. Says when you face teams with dynamic receivers and quarterbacks, it helps greatly if you're able to get pressure with just four so you can keep more defenders on the back end.

With Garner and Rodgers we could have a nasty
D-Line.

Steele will be linebackers coach. For him to get his buyout from Auburn, he couldn't take a job that was equal or better than what he had. If he did, then his buyout would offset from his new job. So just being linebackers coach he will get full buyout from Auburn and get paid from UT.
Then I must misunderstand the way this works. I thought whatever we pay him offsets the same amount from his Auburn buyout, so the net coming to him is the same either way. He is just required to seek employment.

If he walks, there is no offset for Auburn; if we fire him, he gets both. Maybe I'm wrong.

I personally don't care for turnover dependent defenses. I want a defense built on a beefy DL and explosive LBs. You control the line of scrimmage, you control the game.
The most important criteria in today’s defenses is too have explosive pass rushers. Everything else is secondary.

Reactions: CJBlaze
Tampa Bay DL Coach on facing an offense like Kansas City...Kacy Rodgers stresses the importance of getting pressure with just a 4-man rush. Says when you face teams with dynamic receivers and quarterbacks, it helps greatly if you're able to get pressure with just four so you can keep more defenders on the back end.

With Garner and Rodgers we could have a nasty
D-Line.
I would love Rodgers, but everyone knows that getting pressure with 4 is the holy grail of defense.

I personally don't care for turnover dependent defenses. I want a defense built on a beefy DL and explosive LBs. You control the line of scrimmage, you control the game.

Hard to run that defense while running a fast paced offense

VN Store

Back