VolQuest: DC Job Likely Down to Conklin and Rodgers

DaddyChad

I like both. Idk but what I don’t like Conklin more. Both have been at Tennessee before and know the expectations, Rodgers as a player and Conklin as a coach. Conklin might and I say might be a better recruiter bc he’s done it at the college level moreso than Rodgers. Conklin’s defense would seem to be a perfect fit.

GrayWaterCanine

He will still get the entire amount of his buy out from Auburn minus what we or some other school would be paying.
The tricky part here is the legalities if he were to quit. The offset is likely based off of his contractual term of pay with UT. If he walks away on his own, Auburn has a legal argument that they do not owe him that portion because he voluntarily walked away from a contracted payday.

Josh Conklin
Football coach

Description
Description
Josh Conklin is an American football coach and former player. He is the Defensive Coordinator at the University of Tennessee in Knoxville, Tennessee recently leaving his position of head football coach at Wofford College in Spartanburg, South Carolina, a position he had held since the 2018 season. Wikipedia

Josh Conklin
Football coach

Description
Description
Josh Conklin is an American football coach and former player. He is the Defensive Coordinator at the University of Tennessee in Knoxville, Tennessee recently leaving his position of head football coach at Wofford College in Spartanburg, South Carolina, a position he had held since the 2018 season. Wikipedia
Rodgers wiki page says the same thing

Josh Conklin
Football coach

Description
Description
Which one of you idiots did this, lol?

njvols

Thanks for posting. I know my perspective is that we should know very soon then.

Some of these coaches just like getting recruited.

I would ask two questions and then move on. You most likely already know the other stuff due to vetting and knowing their past.

1. Are you interested? Yes or No?
2. This is the contract, do you want it? Yes or No?

They are either hired or eliminated in two questions.
EXACTLY...time to call this thing a boy or a girl. Doesn't seem like money is an issue, so let's get past the analysis paralysis...can't force a round peg in a square hole, so if guys like Ohio State guy makes it difficult, my take is if something is difficult from the start it doesn't get any easier. If someone wants the job, they want the job...if they don't, move on.

TnAngler

U.S. Army, Retired
EXACTLY...time to call this thing a boy or a girl. Doesn't seem like money is an issue, so let's get past the analysis paralysis...can't force a round peg in a square hole, so if guys like Ohio State guy makes it difficult, my take is if something is difficult from the start it doesn't get any easier. If someone wants the job, they want the job...if they don't, move on.
Wholeheartedly agree!

MADISONGAVOL

Price and Hubbs discuss the DC search. They said that it “feels like this job will definitely go to either Kacy Rodgers or Josh Conklin.” They added that UT probably likes Rodgers more than Conklin, but that Conklin “obviously wants the job.”
Internet already says conklin hired as dc when youbsesrch his name.

onevol74

Looks like we may be striking out on both. I said that when Garner showed up that Steele was the DC. More convinced now than ever. Who is going to take the coordinator position when they can’t even hire their own coaches?

TennMan101

Josh Conklin
Football coach

Description
Description
It now says the same thing about Rodgers.

VN Store