Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing I hadn’t seen before in the Brice article - that Rodgers was the defensive playcaller for the Jets 2015-18 under Todd Bowles. That’s a big plus because I thought I read somewhere he hadn’t been a DC since 2002. Also makes it less likely that he’ll be coming to Tennessee, since he may be in line for some NFL DC jobs.

I had forgotten about this... I learned reading that article he had a public defender. Dude couldn't even afford a lawyer.
a public defender is a lawyer. perhaps he realized his case was indefensible, and decided to do the right thing and send money to his family. Or save, and draw interest till 11 years is up & do over?

Isn’t he is prison now?

This topic got me looking back on the 2009 class.

So far I’ve only made it through the first 5 or so guys but I’m convinced already that the 2009 class faced more legal troubles than maybe any other class at any other school, ever.

Edit: should add that I don’t just mean while at Tennessee. Seriously, go research these dudes.

Football Scoop and VQ

7Fj4.gif

tenor.gif

While we're waiting I have some people I love in need of prayers. A friend collapsed at a game Saturday. She has a brain tumor. Another friend's daughter had COVID a month ago and has been falling up to 30 times a day. Vanderbilt can't find a reason. She is only 16. My son is having panic attacks. He says they're almost back to back. Thanks y'all
Prayers for you and yours

I actually prefer Rodgers over Washington as well, and if Al is this unsure if he wants to at a minimum DOUBLE his salary to become a DC in the SEC then could be a blessing in disguise.

I like that even though Washington hasn't actually declined they've moved to interviewing Rodgers at least (per Brice/FootballScoop).

Update as Tennessee, Josh Heupel search for defensive coordinator

I was thinking the same thing. He got his ring and now maybe he would come to help the Vols. He and Bowles are tight. They have a nasty defense

This is why Rodgers name excites me. Bowles is a damn genius and I want to have someone that's worked with him and can replicate what that man does on the college level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back