Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone here have Rheumatoid Arthritis? This has been going on the last couple months for me and I want to see if anyone can offer some kind of solace. Hell, I’ll even take prayers at this point. It started with my right knee. I noticed it was swollen one day, didn’t think much of it. As the days passed, the swelling intensified. I couldn’t move my knee like I used to, walking started to hurt.. I went to the doctor. They took my age and assumed I just hurt myself and recommended arthroscopic surgery after several failed aspirations. By this time, my left knee was starting to swell.. then stiffen.. then hurt.

I went through with the surgery. They found nothing, aside from inflamed tissue. Now my left knee is killing me, and my right knee is recovering from surgery. My dad’s side of the family has RA history running rampant in it. But always in the hands, and always presenting in their 40s-50s. I’m 24, and this is my knees. I don’t know what to do, I see a rheumatologist next week. But this has ruined my life. I haven’t worked in two months, and I don’t see an end in sight.
It sucks (don’t have RA, but am a physician—taken care of plenty of RA patients) for sure but there is no better time to have RA. Options are countless at this point and biologics have given tons relief.

Find a good ass rheumatologist and follow with them. They’ll likely start you on methotrexate which helps a good bit of RA patients. If it doesn’t, there are seriously like 10 different options that can give you relief and preserve your joints.

Kacy Rodgers just won a Super Bowl and coached the most impressive unit for the Buccaneers. The fact you all think he's dying to come back here to be a college DC with an offensive system that will be near-impossible to cope with is borderline disrespectful.

Reactions: FBtime
If he does decide to come here, the press conference will be amazing.

They really wanted me to stay, but i wanted to be here and build this program back to its glory days, blah blah blah
Why would we have a press conference to announce a DC? I've never heard of a school doing that

You made the first step and that is the hardest - acknowledging that you have it and you need a rheumatologist. Acceptance that you have it and that it sucks bad is really, really important. My SIL and a close friend have it bad. They were diagnosed in their late 30's. Depending on what version you have and its current progression determines your treatment plan and it involves every aspect of your life, not just medication. Nutrition, rest, acceptable types of exercise, support, etc.

My SIL is now 68 years old and is still able to walk without assistance and do light tasks despite having it in her hands, feet, and even lungs. There are a series of different medications you take and both have found you need to change when the one you are taking loses effectiveness, so there is some trial and error involved. They know a lot about this condition now and are working on a lot of new treatments. So going to a highly recommended rheumotologist is crucial - then do what he/she says to do.You may need to get involved in a support group to help with the mental stress it causes and there are many active ones in every area of the country - your rheumatologist can help with it.

FWIW if it turns out to be psoriatic arthritis, Phil Mickelson has it and still plays at a high level on tour. Regardless, there is hope for a good life. Prayers for your healing and peace.
Doesn't Mickelson use Soresto for his?

Does anyone here have Rheumatoid Arthritis? This has been going on the last couple months for me and I want to see if anyone can offer some kind of solace. Hell, I’ll even take prayers at this point. It started with my right knee. I noticed it was swollen one day, didn’t think much of it. As the days passed, the swelling intensified. I couldn’t move my knee like I used to, walking started to hurt.. I went to the doctor. They took my age and assumed I just hurt myself and recommended arthroscopic surgery after several failed aspirations. By this time, my left knee was starting to swell.. then stiffen.. then hurt.

I went through with the surgery. They found nothing, aside from inflamed tissue. Now my left knee is killing me, and my right knee is recovering from surgery. My dad’s side of the family has RA history running rampant in it. But always in the hands, and always presenting in their 40s-50s. I’m 24, and this is my knees. I don’t know what to do, I see a rheumatologist next week. But this has ruined my life. I haven’t worked in two months, and I don’t see an end in sight.
You might try Alleve to see if it helps at all. The way I started getting relief was first through a diuretic to stop fluid buildup in the joints. Then taking Alleve on the bad days. Treating the symptoms solved my situation so far. The next step (and this is not political) was to go to hydroxychloroquine. This has some really bad side effects for your heart though. Hope this helps a little.

Reactions: Vols4us
Kacy Rodgers just won a Super Bowl and coached the most impressive unit for the Buccaneers. The fact you all think he's dying to come back here to be a college DC with an offensive system that will be near-impossible to cope with is borderline disrespectful.

Defensive staff for the Bucs gonna get a big raise no doubt.

You can come punch me online if you hate:

Start with: Loud and Heavy
Hippies and Cowboys
Somewhere in the middle
Fast Hand
I’m not the Devil
Must be the Whiskey
Cast no stones

Then keep going because I’m missing a bunch

Listen to William and Wanda and try not to cry.

Haha someone sent me this screenshot. Would be a good hire probably. And makes sense with the AD hire UCF made.

FB_IMG_1612903241762.jpg

DC can be purple and yellow polkadots as long as we cover and crush people on defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back