Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
iu

tumblr_obvg62wGjd1qdvp4lo1_r1_500.gifv

tumblr_pc8ncnyWnk1qisc9uo8_250.gifv

Although it’s a subject matter best suited for the politics forum, it’s not like there’s much actual recruiting or other football news to discuss, and I’ve enjoyed catching up on the discussion from the night crew. Message boards may not always be the ideal forum, but I think there is a value to people being exposed to different sides of an issue and making arguments for their side where there is a modicum of mutual trust and respect between the people expressing the opposing viewpoints. Hearts and minds might not actually get changed here, but there’s a much better chance of it happening when people aren’t shouting past each other and acting in bad faith trying to score points.

As to the substance of the issue, for anyone interested in some heterodox views, I would commend to everyone’s attention the podcasts of Glenn Loury with his frequent collaborator John McWhorter (The Glenn Show), Coleman Hughes (Conversations with Coleman), and Kmele Foster (The Fifth Column). All can be found speaking in various formats on YouTube as well. Thomas Chatterton Williams is a writer who can be found as a guest on some of these shows, and has written two wonderful (and very accessible) books of note (“Losing My Cool” and “Self Portrait in Black and White”). Finally, Thomas Sowell has done great work over the course of his long life in the field of economics, but “Discrimination and Disparities” is of particular relevance here.

These men run the gamut of age and political leanings, but all are incredibly smart, credentialed, and have well thought out and coherent positions on this topic that you won’t hear watching cable news. Next time you have a long car ride, give a listen.

Sowell is brilliant, and I highly recommend people read his writings. Too bad he is 90. Future generations could use his wisdom.

It’s one of the reasons Why I still feel like Plowman shouldn’t have kissed Fulmers ass on the way out during that press conference. He should have been publicly admonished as well.
She left the door cracked for him to keep slithering and backstabbing
Fulmer should have fired on national TV just like Pruitt.

Reactions: TennacJed
He was at the bottom of their staff in pay. Now someone is calling and they decide to reward you with the pay they should’ve known you deserve. OSU been screwing you and taking advantage of your loyalty. If you want to stay after that, then you are not the right guy for Tennessee.

Good grief none of that matters

The only thing that matters is if he wants to work his ass off toward getting this program out Of a dumpster fire. If he does come on down

It’s one of the reasons Why I still feel like Plowman shouldn’t have kissed Fulmers ass on the way out during that press conference. He should have been publicly admonished as well.
She left the door cracked for him to keep slithering and backstabbing
Yes because publicly humiliating our CFHOFFHC would havw paired well with our current public persona...which, is why we find ourselves struggling to find a DC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back