Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Until I see a confirmed source that he’s staying from someone like 247 or their rivals page, he’s ours. Don’t care what some rando OSU twitter page with 200 followers says.

At this point you have to get him. If he did decline, offer again with an even bigger contract

Reactions: Bruce Wayne and Ace
Saw this on the interwebs and thought of you guys. We could probably get a deal on a VolNation ticket block if anyone wants to go and maybe we can pay them under the table to let us stay behind and have a few Waffle House DeathMatchs of our own (just for fun of course).

Etjbd1fXAAAFAtc

Agreed. But we live in a world with diversity guidelines. Look at TV and movies. Producers and casting directors have diversity ratios, including gender, above the line and below. Good, bad, helpful or not, it's the reality of the times.
I agree. But, it's an insult to those being hired, or at least it should be.

Reactions: hotcypress
I don't understand why you've pegged this specific hire as a diversity move. I don't recall you mentioning that with any other black assistants that have been hired over the last few years. When you describe it as a diversity hire, it makes it sound like Washington is just being hired to have a black man at the coordinator position. That really sounds like you arent giving Washington any credit for the good reputation he's clearly built at BC, Michigan, and OSU.

I don't care who they hire or what ethnicity or gender the hire happens to be. I've said from the outset they need to hire people who mesh with the new staff, in philosophy and personality, so they can move forward cohesively and repair the rift in the program. Whoever those people are and whatever they happen to look like, I hope they find them, hire them and rebuild quickly with them. Reading anything more into it than that is someone else's agenda-- not mine.

It will be very interesting to see how quickly we can pivot to the next candidate.

Danny White went from Tony Elliott to Josh Heupel - let's see where he goes after Al Washington.

Reactions: FBtime
Until I see a confirmed source that he’s staying from someone like 247 or their rivals page, he’s ours. Don’t care what some rando OSU twitter page with 200 followers says.

At this point you have to get him. If he did decline, offer again with an even bigger contract

This. Feels like this got too far down the road to let it turn around. Go to whatever price you need to.

Actually, I look at it like this. We paid 2.7 million to OC/DC last year. That is generally going to go up slightly with a new staff. We're going to save on OC since Heupel calls his own play. Give Washington 2 million and Golesh 900K or even 1 million and lets roll.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back