Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 349706

Why is this always the focal point?

I look at his coaching staff and think he hired the best for the job. I don't look at it as a black think or a women thing.

Most people don't care. But how do you keep people sniping at each other and not looking at what you are doing? Find something that historically was a problem and inflate it for today. Regardless of how much progress has been made, make sure it isn't enough. Then everyone will be focused on that and not on the dirty deals you are doing while they aren't looking.

UT's identity is changing. Just hire and recruit the best people possible. Find those who want to be at UT and are ready to rebuild.

Good. We are in desperate need of a rebrand. Weā€™ve fallen into the ā€œOnce upon a time Knoxville, Lincoln, Ann Arbor...were special placesā€ category. Itā€™s time to climb out of that and move on from our past.

iu

Sugary Drinks Linked to Obesity Rise

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
Does washington want to be here?

He's in an interesting spot. Ohio State just lost another positional guy and I'm sure their DC has or will get some HC offers. I bet the pitch to keep him was "you're next in line" but I'd say he's looking at what is a given (DC at Tennessee) vs what may happen in the future if he stays at Ohio State.

UT's identity is changing. Just hire and recruit the best people possible. Find those who want to be at UT and are ready to rebuild.
I don't understand why you've pegged this specific hire as a diversity move. I don't recall you mentioning that with any other black assistants that have been hired over the last few years. When you describe it as a diversity hire, it makes it sound like Washington is just being hired to have a black man at the coordinator position. That really sounds like you arent giving Washington any credit for the good reputation he's clearly built at BC, Michigan, and OSU.

He opened his blog today saying another candidate turned us down and then said it was OSU's Washington :oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops:
To be fair, he stated this in the next paragraph after saying we were turned down.
1612886445389.png
It appears to be true that Washington turned down our initial offer. I'm sure TB writes his blog during the day, and it looks like he was correct at that time and left it in. Then this morning as he learned that we upped our offer, he added this. I don't understand all the TB hate.

*In before his "sources" is VolNation....maybe it is...who knows?

I've invented a mayonnaise substitute by pureeing garlic in olive oil. Maybe add a touch of lemon juice and salt. Great on BLTs--a definite paradigm buster.

Reactions: TennacJed
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back