Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Washington falls through, perfectly on-board with Joseph Gillespie...might end up the best hire.

Well I would have hoped he would be ahead of Washington on the board of options. Maybe not from a recruiter standpoint but dude is much more proven as a play caller in defense that is used to coaching with ultra fast tempo since HS coaching days. He should be near top of the list to be honest considering he has had success vs Josh own offense as he knows it inside out from working with Briles family for a while.

Looks like Arkansas Stateโ€™s AD is about to move to UCF. Wonder where that leaves Butch?

iu

Weโ€™re striking out on position coaches now. Yikes.

This one never passed smell test for me. His family is full of buckeye alums, he has worked with Day in multiple places, he was due for more responsibilities/money with Mattison retiring. Seemed like Brice throwing one of contacts a bone to pressure up the promotion money

Thatโ€™s a nice way to view it but weโ€™re getting turned down quite a bit. Rather than hiring some position coach they should seriously consider Steele because he at least has solid SEC experience.
Honestly, I'm guessing this ship is halfway across the ocean at this point. You think he Steele is interested?

Boys and girls...

I feel we have a LONG road still ahead.

I feel like I've been on this road now for over a decade, and I need a damn respite.

Would be a good hire, but no surprise. He is from Columbus, an alum, and they want to keep him so he gets more money and career assurances.

However, it does tell me our guys are looking for the right profile and in the right places. Patience.
Heโ€™s not an alum. His alma mater was Boston College.

I didn't mean interesting in a bad way. I think he's a great pick. I meant that he's on the playoff selection committee was interesting and maybe intentional.

Oh, I agree and was not coming at you. Just another great point about him. With him I doubt there is any question UCF is going after the selection committee with both guns blazing. 8 team playoff here we come.

If he had been announced for UT instead of Danny White I would have been just as happy while the rest of VN melted down. lol. Danny White is right for us, so would have been Mohajir had it fell through with him.

Oh, I agree and was not coming at you. Just another great point about him. With him I doubt there is any question UCF is going after the selection committee with both guns blazing. 8 team playoff here we come.

If he had been announced for UT instead of Danny White I would have been just as happy while the rest of VN melted down. lol. Danny White is right for us, so would have been Mohajir had it fell through with him.
Agreed. Love UCF going after playoff committee. Can't wait for it to expand.

Reactions: Vols4us
Thatโ€™s a nice way to view it but weโ€™re getting turned down quite a bit. Rather than hiring some position coach they should seriously consider Steele because he at least has solid SEC experience.

I hear you. But I would assume if Steele fit what we want to do we would have hired him by now. Maybe he is where we ultimately land. But if we could have had him all along, I like that we've gone out and taken some swings on guys who may have a higher ceiling.

Reactions: Jack Burton
Well I would have hoped he would be ahead of Washington on the board of options. Maybe not from a recruiter standpoint but dude is much more proven as a play caller in defense that is used to coaching with ultra fast tempo since HS coaching days. He should be near top of the list to be honest considering he has had success vs Josh own offense as he knows it inside out from working with Briles family for a while.
You take the swing for the instant recruiting legitimacy. No issues. But echoing what you posted, technically Gillespie is the better hire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back