Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
So because I'm willing to call a character flaw what it is, I'm suddenly proud? Here's the truth: no good thing dwells in my flesh. Only by the grace of God does the life of Christ flow in me, and only through Him am I capable of approximating a decent human being. I know what flaws look like because I am flawed.

But if you believe it is normal or appropriate to use others to get what you want, then please carry on.
And, if you believe it's ok to question someone's integrity on a message board, someone you don't know from Adam, all because they don't see a situation the same way you do...then please...carry on, yourself...in the flesh.

Not spirit at all, my brother in Christ.

Reactions: barrylee
How??? Lol. Man you’re crazy sometimes. Lol! I want it to happen very much. It is just scary giving someone so much time is all. Get outta here man. Ha
It seems like all you do is take shots at the guy..go back and read all your posts..it is like you refuse acknowledge that DW and JH have been dealt a crap hand...you just want to throw criticism.

Interesting pick for UCF. Wonder if the fact he is on the playoff selection committee is a factor there 🤔

It's only interesting if you know nothing about him. Have you seen ASU's facilities? Being an alum, I have. There are at 2 or 3 P5's in the SEC alone who wish they had them. Mojahir knows how to get the money and build the facilities. His programs have won 25 conference titles in 8 years - 4 in football. Their average football attendance in low populated NE Arkansas is 44,000+ per game. He worked at FAU before, so he knows FL. That's a home run hire for UCF.

And, if you believe it's ok to question someone's integrity on a message board, someone you don't know from Adam, all because they don't see a situation the same way you do...then please...carry on, yourself...in the flesh.

Not spirit at all, my brother in Christ.

I wasn't questioning anyone's integrity. I was calling out the (hypothetical) problem of using others to get what you want. It's either wrong or it isn't. I believe it is dishonest and deceitful. You suggested it wasn't. Probably best to drop it.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
Steps to a proper Volnation reaction to the potential Al Washington hire

Step 1: rejection. “He has no experience, why are we such garbage”
iu

Step 2: (googles). Slight backtracking. “He could have some success here. Seems to be a good recruiter. We could do worse.”
iu

Step 3: (the threat of him not leaving OSU). Vols to the wall. “WE ARE DEAD IF IT ISNT WASHINGTON, WHY ARE WE SUCH GARBAGE”
iu

Gave your post some visual assistance.

It has been a tough sell.

Hard enough to get a guy to coach opposite of the fastest tempo offensive Hc in country let alone one with ncaa cloud and experienced player loss to portal. Triple whammy.

Which makes the not just keeping Steele on as DC the more odd unless it’s his choice or something to do with his contract with Auburn that requires he be in lesser role for few yrs to collect the money. So he maybe wants to double/triple dip.

I really don't care how many DCs "turn us down".

This idea that we're desperate for anybody to show up and join us is nonsense imo. Heupel is looking for a specific skill set as he should be. Some coaches fit that and some don't. There are lots of coaches who could do it. I'm sure we've talked to coaches and realized they don't fit what Heupel wants. I'm sure we've offered guys and they decided to stay where they are. That's ok.

Just find the right guy thats motivated to prove himself on a big stage. It doesn't matter how long it takes to identify that guy. Just hire the right coach that fits in here.

I love us going after Washington. He makes a ton of sense for this situation.

I wish we could all chill on the dumpster fire talk. We have new leadership. The old leadership was a dumpster fire. The new leadership has done nothing but win in the past. We should step aside for awhile and wait and see what actual football is gonna look like imo.

Uncertainty does not equal disaster. We will find a DC.

It's only interesting if you know nothing about him. Have you seen ASU's facilities? Being an alum, I have. There are at 2 or 3 P5's in the SEC alone who wish they had them. Mojahir knows how to get the money and build the facilities. His programs have won 25 conference titles in 8 years - 4 in football. Their average football attendance in low populated NE Arkansas is 44,000+ per game. He worked at FAU before, so he knows FL. That's a home run hire for UCF.
I didn't mean interesting in a bad way. I think he's a great pick. I meant that he's on the playoff selection committee was interesting and maybe intentional.

Reactions: Vols4us
Washington appears to be staying at OSU now according to AP.

Would be a good hire, but no surprise. He is from Columbus, an alum, and they want to keep him so he gets more money and career assurances.

However, it does tell me our guys are looking for the right profile and in the right places. Patience.

He is just rolling out his agenda for the next few years..he is going to bitch about every damn thing White does or doesn't do from here on out, no matter what.

We are trying to rebuild the house while it is still on fire and some will still bish and moan and complain. If anyone has any expectations of anything more that 6-6 next year you might want to start drinking now. We thought the damage was done after Butch but we had a whole new level of self-inflicted pain to endure. I'm fairly certain we have hit rock bottom now. The question is, how long before we can claw our way out and be semi-respectable again. I say at least 5 years.

This idea that we're desperate for anybody to show up and join us is nonsense imo. Heupel is looking for a specific skill set as he should be. Some coaches fit that and some don't.

That’s a nice way to view it but we’re getting turned down quite a bit. Rather than hiring some position coach they should seriously consider Steele because he at least has solid SEC experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back