Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Poster on VQ says he's reached out to KY's db coach. He's seriously considering it. I hope he takes it. He doesn't have experience, so it's risky. But Jancek is awful so experience means nothing there. Washington can recruit and he can develop. Players matter more than plays. Especially if we're scoring 35 ppg or above. Just hold teams to 34.

That would be a great move. UK D has been stout lately, lots of INT’s iirc.

Just keep bitchin then. I don't think it is Mr Whites fault that nobody worth a damn wants the job.

Some still living in that UT bubble where we are only a _______ away from winning championships and everyone wants to coach and play here because we are a “big brand”.

The truth is much murkier. I, for one, am pumped to see what happens.

I wonder when Corey Raymond ever decides to leave LSU. He has coached Elite DBs forever and yet doesn’t get the DC role there. He keeps passing up offers from UGA, AM and Tx to stick around. It is his alma mater but at some point he has to consider the next step. Also not the best sign he never gets the promo to LSU DC

Reactions: Smokey19rt
People are stupid...all I have gathered from this is DW and now JH were dealt a really ****** hand, and people are mad because in their mind we are holding four aces.
Besides, heup is here for the long haul. They didn't give him a 6 year deal for nothing. They realize the situation we're in, and it may get worse if more guys transfer after spring. Acting like Heupel isn't going to last long is ridiculous. As long as he is showing progress, or isn't having a disaster season like the last three have, he's going to be here a while. Washington is probably a home run based upon the DC pool we're fishing in

Neither is Saban..he is a really good coach, but if he had to play everyone with equal talent he would get his ass whipped a lot.

I've said this before. Most look at me like I'm nuts. I believe he is one of the best program builders in history, but only a decent gameday coach. Given equal talent, I think he'd be good, but not great.

Last night, they didn't let them play. There was no true "hold" on the INT. The other two DPI's were not catchable, and one was incidental.
Went both ways. The “not catchable” is always a human judgement. If you’re tugging at a receiver’s jersey and the ball is out of his reach, maybe being slowed was a factor. I thought the Chiefs defense was extraordinarily sloppy last night.

Went both ways. The “not catchable” is always a human judgement. If you’re tugging at a receiver’s jersey and the ball is out of his reach, maybe being slowed was a factor. I thought the Chiefs defense was extraordinarily sloppy last night.

I just want consistency, and there isn't any. If Mike Evans were 10 feet tall and had go-go Gadget arms, he might have caught the ball that hit the stands behind the endzone. We can back and forth, but I think we can objectively say that that the game 2 weeks ago and the one last night were called totally different. It might have been an All-Star crew, but it didn't look like it.

I’ve just never seen hot boxing work in a large and complex deal. For better or worse, they are going to investigate a counter from their current employer, and an opinion from their family, and some time to think. I agree with you on Franklin. In that scenario, he was given two hard deadlines, and pushed us so far past that that it wrecked the Elliot deal with it.
And I appreciate the info you brought during the search. Make sure you stay hidden as DW is searching for those leaks! Lol

Besides, heup is here for the long haul. They didn't give him a 6 year deal for nothing. They realize the situation we're in, and it may get worse if more guys transfer after spring. Acting like Heupel isn't going to last long is ridiculous. As long as he is not passing out happy meals, showing progress, or isn't having a disaster season like the last three have, he's going to be here a while. Washington is probably a home run based upon the DC pool we're fishing in
FYP

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back