Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
This makes me want Washington really bad. He is being groomed to be their DC and is responsible for a lot of their development and recruiting. Bring him on!
Right. I’ll take a young guy out to prove something over an old guy laid back with feet propped up looking for a few more big paychecks before he retires.
No more Chaney’s on either side

Lol..KC was tackling the TB receivers every pass play and never stopped. Remember when the Patriots did the same thing against Peytons Colts and we were all screaming at the refs for letting them get away with it.

It is a great strategy when you can get away with it, but it is a really stupid one to keep doing it once the refs let you know they are not going to let it go.

I know you have some Tampa roots. But you can't tell me the game was officiated the same way as the TB-GB game 2 weeks ago. TB got away with holding all day against GB, and KC got called for far less last night. Don't think it would have mattered, but the call on the INT was pretty pivotal.

You don’t leave without a deal and if one is not struck shortly after the meeting, you move on and get the next best candidate. Giving a candidate multiple days to negotiate is dumb. You should know they are using you for leverage at that point. It’s obvious we are letting negotiations linger too long and getting burned. This is big league football and the waters we dive in are harder to get big fish, which is why his old approach may have worked at a UCF but not at UT and who we go for.
Just keep bitchin then. I don't think it is Mr Whites fault that nobody worth a damn wants the job.

Reactions: Smokey19rt
Steps to a proper Volnation reaction to the potential Al Washington hire

Step 1: rejection. “He has no experience, why are we such garbage”

Step 2: (googles). Slight backtracking. “He could have some success here. Seems to be a good recruiter. We could do worse.”

Step 3: (the threat of him not leaving OSU). Vols to the wall. “WE ARE DEAD IF IT ISNT WASHINGTON, WHY ARE WE SUCH GARBAGE”

I know you have some Tampa roots. But you can't tell me the game was officiated the same way as the TB-GB game 2 weeks ago. TB got away with holding all day against GB, and KC got called for far less last night. Don't think it would have mattered, but the call on the INT was pretty pivotal.
And the opposite held true until the GB DB looked like he was pulling the WR’s intestine out of his body. They let them play but that was too blatant.

We are an interesting bunch....we don’t want Washington because he’s never called plays before, but then automatically think that OSU (who has been infinitely more successful than us) will hire him on the spot as DC when given the chance even though he’s never called plays. 🤷‍♂️

All of that is to say that if he’s good enough for OSU, he’s good enough for here.

What is this?!?!?! Logical thinking!!! Get the mess out of here!!!!
iu

No you are absolutely right, but the refs established early on that crap wasn't going to be let go. It is 100% KCs fault for not cutting that crap out. They just kept on doing it every pass play..and it wasn't even subtle.

Where did I say walk? I said don’t leave the area until you get a deal. You don’t give someone time to go back to their employer and think about it for days on end. That is how you lose them because they get a chance to let their employer make them a better offer or give them what they want to stay. He had all weekend to accept, since he didn’t, I bet he used it as a bargaining tool with OSU all weekend. And we are left at the alter again and looking again. Same thing with James Franklin, it had to become obvious at some point that he wasn’t coming and it cost us Elliott. Realize it is not happening and get the next best thing as you are being strung along.
I’ve just never seen hot boxing work in a large and complex deal. For better or worse, they are going to investigate a counter from their current employer, and an opinion from their family, and some time to think. I agree with you on Franklin. In that scenario, he was given two hard deadlines, and pushed us so far past that that it wrecked the Elliot deal with it.

Step 2: (googles). Slight backtracking. “He could have some success here. Seems to be a good recruiter. We could do worse.”

Step 3: (the threat of him not leaving OSU). Vols to the wall. “WE ARE DEAD IF IT ISNT WASHINGTON, WHY ARE WE SUCH GARBAGE”
2125B3F2-1B81-44C7-A93F-6FF1DFBF36E8.gif

Imagine being a lifelong Pats fan, waking up today facing the realization that Belichick isn't the genius you always believed. I have one that works for me. He's out today with a migraine. Migraine, riiiight.
Neither is Saban..he is a really good coach, but if he had to play everyone with equal talent he would get his ass whipped a lot.

There are no leaks because we haven’t hired a DC or any defensive staff members. If we had, they would be in Knoxville and our media would see them and report it. DW wants zero leaks as he is getting worked right now in negotiations.
You are dead set on tearing DW down...it is irritating.

Worked LOL..... we fired our coach really late and it is harder to bring on new staff..... I would much rather bring someone with potential than overpay for someone that we feel is mediocre.
He is just rolling out his agenda for the next few years..he is going to bitch about every damn thing White does or doesn't do from here on out, no matter what.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back