Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
you can tell by most of our coach hires.... coaches like to bring in guys they know.... did he work with anyone that became a coach at an elite program?

I don’t know where he’s been but as I said in my last post guys like JayG and RobertG didn’t work with all the HCs they have been hired by. EdO did work with him though

Imagine being a lifelong Pats fan, waking up today facing the realization that Belichick isn't the genius you always believed. I have one that works for me. He's out today with a migraine. Migraine, riiiight.
If you're the boss, find a way to fire him with cause :):):)

Reactions: SSVol
They’re going to have to pay like $1.5mil/yr + to get Washington away from OSU. Hope they succeed.

He better be the future star they say he is for that much money. I don’t know if he is but he can recruit, players love him and he is respected in college circles. Michigan defense got worse when he and Mattison left for Ohio St. he and Mattison shared Lb duties so that is somewhat concerning but he has previous stints as assistant where his position group always seems to do well.

What happened to House?
During a game of golf, he suffered an infarction in his right leg which went misdiagnosed for three days.

An aneurysm in his thigh had clotted, leading to an infarction and causing his quadriceps muscle to become necrotic.

Look, everyone has their knickers twisted about Jancek, but we had some good statistics with him on defense. I'd prefer an upgrade, but the guy has experience. I refuse to get worked up if he's the baseline. Just need a good DB coach.

This might be a good way to buy a used lawnmower, but no one tries to close a multi-million job offer by threatening to “walk”. We’re perceived as an unstable situation. The last thing we want to lead with is a scene from Glengarry Glen Ross.
Where did I say walk? I said don’t leave the area until you get a deal. You don’t give someone time to go back to their employer and think about it for days on end. That is how you lose them because they get a chance to let their employer make them a better offer or give them what they want to stay. He had all weekend to accept, since he didn’t, I bet he used it as a bargaining tool with OSU all weekend. And we are left at the alter again and looking again. Same thing with James Franklin, it had to become obvious at some point that he wasn’t coming and it cost us Elliott. Realize it is not happening and get the next best thing as you are being strung along.

Look, everyone has their knickers twisted about Jancek, but we had some good statistics with him on defense. I'd prefer an upgrade, but the guy has experience. I refuse to get worked up if he's the baseline. Just need a good DB coach.
Does anyone believe that a Jancek defense could possibly be any worse than JP's that still couldn't line up after year 3 or cover a slant? Whoever we get will be better.

Why is that concerning? New coaches rarely keep a big part of the previous staff. He was RB coach and was asked to go off-field and he said, no thanks. That means he believes in himself and that Ed O. wanted his own guy. Nothing more than that.

Coaching hires from within are very different.

How many coaches did EDO end up getting rid of?

It’s not just that. It’s concerning where he ended up. Look at a guy like JayG. He’s been at tenn, bama, Texas A&M and FSU. That’s what well respected position coaches do if they bounce around. It’s a red flag when they can’t find those type jobs imo

Coach O caused a big stink in New Orleans when he dropped Jabarr. Coach o wanted his boy Robinson from USC days as he was a stud recruiter and his guy for a long time. He tried to put Jabar in off field role and jabar said no. New Orleans coaches planned to boycott Coach O for awhile as they love Jabarr. Jabarr is a Louisiana boy so it’s not surprising if he wanted to stick around La Tech and Lafayette. I think it was smart of him. Stick around your roots where easy to recruit and only move out for a national brand that you can still recruit too.

Coach O caused a big stink in New Orleans when he dropped Jabarr. Coach o wanted his boy Robinson from USC days as he was a stud recruiter and his guy for a long time. He tried to put Jabar in off field role and jabar said no. New Orleans coaches planned to boycott Coach O for awhile as they love Jabarr. Jabarr is a Louisiana boy so it’s not surprising if he wanted to stick around La Tech and Lafayette. I think it was smart of him. Stick around your roots where easy to recruit and only move out for a national brand that you can still recruit too.

Good info.

Not many guys are choosing that much lower paycheck. I’d take that with a grain of salt

With Heupel, Golesh and Washington, we might have some success recruiting the midwest.

I'll be very interested to see if Washington is given the authority to hire his defensive staff.

Reactions: Smyrna ATL Vol
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back