Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
If another company approached you about a job making more money, but your current company stepped up and matched, is it selfish to stay?
The part I dont like about that is , Washington should be pissed that it takes another school to offer you more money for you to get that raise. If Tn does not offer then he gets the same amount that he was already getting paid and a raise is not even brought up.

Having a leak when DW is trying to make sure that doesn't happen to protect potential coaches does make it suspicious for it to have gotten out. But it may have been someone around him that did it.
Maybe DW needs an appointment with urologist

Your assumption is the DC has not been hired. My initial post was they must have agreements in place if they plan to introduce the staff at the game. As pointed out, there have been no announcements other than CJH. Good day
I think most are assuming a DC has not been hired. Could the reports we're still looking be wrong? Sure. But where has it been officially stated that they plan on introducing the staff at the next game? I haven't seen that come from DW, so it seems like you're operating on assumptions as well.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
The part I dont like about that is , Washington should be pissed that it takes another school to offer you more money for you to get that raise. If Tn does not offer then he gets the same amount that he was already getting paid and a raise is not even brought up.
Sure, but sometimes it takes someone else wanting you to make your current employer realize what they have. Again, that's just how business works.

Reactions: tnvols72
There are no leaks because we haven’t hired a DC or any defensive staff members. If we had, they would be in Knoxville and our media would see them and report it. DW wants zero leaks as he is getting worked right now in negotiations.
Worked LOL..... we fired our coach really late and it is harder to bring on new staff..... I would much rather bring someone with potential than overpay for someone that we feel is mediocre.

Bringing in him brought them Gronk and brown.

I'm not a Brady fan, but it's pretty clear he was glue that made it work. And yes, I'm well aware that TB's D did work to hold Mahomes to 9, but I'll believe Belichick is the GOAT everyone claims when he does it without Brady. So far, he's been pretty pedestrian without him.

There are no leaks because we haven’t hired a DC or any defensive staff members. If we had, they would be in Knoxville and our media would see them and report it. DW wants zero leaks as he is getting worked right now in negotiations.
Bingo. As soon as someone is hired, it will be reported by Football Scoop or VQ, most likely.

As I've said before, the lack of info right now is probably not a good thing: it means we can't come to an agreement with someone. I felt the same way about the HC search.

Sorry but that’s just not true unless you don’t think Feldman, Brice and Hubbs have real info

They have real info. The only article that sounds like there was an offer made based on the language is Washington with Brice saying we're "zeroing in on" him. Feldman said we "had interest" in Brown from Louisville. Hubbs has mentioned several names, but every name he mentions doesn't mean they have an offer just that they were potentially contacted or vetted. Hubbs mentions names to generate conversation, but that doesn't mean every name is a real candidate.

The only real names that have come out are Brown, House, and Washington. But this board has hired and fired like 30 names and combinations of coaches.

In comparison to past searches, 3 real names is essentially no leaks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back