Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
A Sunseri hire would be a desperation move because it was just Dooley grabbing the first guy he could get from the Saban machine
Funny thing about that sunseri hire if I remember correctly...the NC State team was supposed to be good. The off-season had hyped our opening contest against them. I seem to recall the defense looked pretty good in that game. Of course that was the only time.

You really are a half empty/ glass shattered poster. Sad really but you do you
lmao That's not a glass half empty post, that's just being realistic. You don't think anyone we hire at DC will want input on his position coaches? Of course he will. JH is not a defensive coach. He's gonna rely on his DC for that, so he'll want that input. That's logic, not pessimism.

Funny thing about that sunseri hire if I remember correctly...the NC State team was supposed to be good. The off-season had hyped our opening contest against them. I seem to recall the defense looked pretty good in that game. Of course that was the only time.
It usually takes a couple of game films for opposing coaches to decipher defensive tendencies.

So many questions about Wille Martinez from last night. ESPN and NCAA stats will tell you what you need to know if you never saw his "work". Add in he was fired from UGA and UT. Full stop right there IMO. But if you want to go on, he uses zone most of the time and the d-backs never turned their heads around to locate the ball. He has not been successful at UCF, they stink at coverage even though they had a couple of good players. He must be a guy that can sell himself as somebody who knows what he is doing, but really does not. If he is on this staff, prepare to have your jimmies rustled. He might look decent his first year or two until opponents see what he does. After that you will be calling for his head. If they want to go back to the future I would much rather have Jancek involved. His personal life caused his issues. He is a competent coach.

How do you suppose he is supposed to "close the deal"? He can't force people to come, and he will look stupid for drastically overpaying for someone if they don't come in and knock it out of the park.

Mr. White is between a rock and a hard place.
You don’t leave without a deal and if one is not struck shortly after the meeting, you move on and get the next best candidate. Giving a candidate multiple days to negotiate is dumb. You should know they are using you for leverage at that point. It’s obvious we are letting negotiations linger too long and getting burned. This is big league football and the waters we dive in are harder to get big fish, which is why his old approach may have worked at a UCF but not at UT and who we go for.

So many questions about Wille Martinez from last night. ESPN and NCAA stats will tell you what you need to know if you never saw his "work". Add in he was fired from UGA and UT. Full stop right there IMO. But if you want to go on, he uses zone most of the time and the d-backs never turned their heads around to locate the ball. He has not been successful at UCF, they stink at coverage even though they had a couple of good players. He must be a guy that can sell himself as somebody who knows what he is doing, but really does not. If he is on this staff, prepare to have your jimmies rustled. He might look decent his first year or two until opponents see what he does. After that you will be calling for his head. If they want to go back to the future I would much rather have Jancek involved. His personal life caused his issues. He is a competent coach.
How does he use zone..... isn’t that the D/C call?

Reactions: BruinVol
I think the Washington leak was all about pressuring ohio st into the money/title promo. None of it adds up to a Columbus boy whose parents played there and his connection to Day from Bc days jumping into this.
Having a leak when DW is trying to make sure that doesn't happen to protect potential coaches does make it suspicious for it to have gotten out. But it may have been someone around him that did it.

Imagine being a lifelong Pats fan, waking up today facing the realization that Belichick isn't the genius you always believed. I have one that works for me. He's out today with a migraine. Migraine, riiiight.
Belichek is a one of the top coaches in all of football.... Tom Brady went to a team that added two potential HOF receivers and a defense that shut down the chiefs.

lmao That's not a glass half empty post, that's just being realistic. You don't think anyone we hire at DC will want input on his position coaches? Of course he will. JH is not a defensive coach. He's gonna rely on his DC for that, so he'll want that input. That's logic, not pessimism.
Your assumption is the DC has not been hired. My initial post was they must have agreements in place if they plan to introduce the staff at the game. As pointed out, there have been no announcements other than CJH. Good day

How does he use zone..... isn’t that the D/C call?

And he also complained his players don’t get their heads turned around. Well that would be much more is a man to man issue anyways

Truth is vol fans have complained about DBs not getting their heads turned around way before willie was here and have done it long after. That’s never going to change

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back