Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Martin's is good for sure. Where else in Nashville has that quality? Pretty much everything in Nashville is getting elevated as far as food goes, so I'd assume bbq is headed that direction too.
You need to hit up Peg Leg Porker for ribs. It’s amazing. Edley’s compares well to Martin’s. They all have different menu options however. Then there’s good ole Jack’s. Don’t go to the one on Broadway. It’s a ripoff. Spend $15 and leave hungry. Go to the one on Trinity Lane. Spend $12 and leave stuffed. The one on Charlotte is in-between on value.

B&C market is so unique. They have different grits depending on when you go. My personal favorite is the buffalo chicken, but you gotta get it on Saturday’s or Tuesday’s last I went. Pulled pork on grits slathered in sauce makes me want to go turn on my pellet smoker right now.

Then there’s Papa Turney’s for a dive. I haven’t had it in a while, but the dude started by just selling meat out of a smoker trailer off the OHB exit in Hermitage. Juiciest wings i ever did have.

My favorite style of BBQ is Monroe County Kentucky style. Hole in the wall places with cinder block walls and signs that advertise the availability of RC Cola that serve pork shoulder sliced at a quarter of an inch, mopped with a vinegar, cayenne, and lard mixture, and cooked slow (at least as slow as you can cook a fourth of an inch of meat) over hickory coals.

Top it off with slaw, beans, and a slice of white bread in a foam tray.

There's no real way to pull that meat off the bone that doesn't involve picking at it with your fingers.

Hell, it may not be "real BBQ" but as a wise man on the internet once said, "It's still real to me, dammit!"

Frances’ was amazing. Hard not to get a Dovie burger when passing through.

Frances’ was amazing. Hard not to get a Dovie burger when passing through.
My favorite style of BBQ is Monroe County Kentucky style. Hole in the wall places with cinder block walls and signs that advertise the availability of RC Cola that serve pork shoulder sliced at a quarter of an inch, mopped with a vinegar, cayenne, and lard mixture, and cooked slow (at least as slow as you can cook a fourth of an inch of meat) over hickory coals.

Top it off with slaw, beans, and a slice of white bread in a foam tray.

There's no real way to pull that meat off the bone that doesn't involve picking at it with your fingers.

Hell, it may not be "real BBQ" but as a wise man on the internet once said, "It's still real to me, dammit!"

I lived in Tompkinsville when I was a kid. Those places are the only good things about Tompkinsville

Reactions: Stoerner Fumbles
On BBQ, I’m not getting the hate on the options here in the mid-state from a couple posters. Yeah, we don’t have a “style” here, but the quality is dang good. In fact, the overall food quality in Nashville has skyrocketed just in the past 10 years to world-class status. BBQ is just one of those that’s taken a leap forward.

Pulled pork with white sauce, brisket with meat candy in spades, dry rub, wet rub, meat ‘n three style, urban style, redneck taco style...you name it, we got it.

Heck, there’s even smoked turkey at Martin’s that’s the best thing on the menu when paired with the white sauce.

Trashing BBQ here is sheer ignorance.

I’m a huge bbq fan but I just can’t get into white sauce. It’s the mayonnaise, man. Worst condiment on the face of the earth.

I love a good Carolina sauce too but I make a Memphis style that goes great with the sausage I smoke. Ketchup, mustard, worstersire, kosher salt, onion powder, molasses, and a bunch of cayenne. Nice and tangy with a good spice.

Edit: forgot the brown sugar

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back