2022 Recruits

It would be nice to sign a big. Not sure it is a make or break thing if we are off by a year with the portal improving our chances for temp help. The main thing is to reestablish the brand as a contender by winning. Once that is heading in the right direction, and Kellie has developed inroads to the truly elite players, she will be able to sign her priority targets. Winning cures all, even the dreaded negavol psychosis.
agree that the portal could very well be the way we fill the pending need at the 5

Next seasons team will always have 5 legitimate scorers on the floor at the same time...Even when the substitutes are sent in to defend the flag, any player dressed in Lady Vol colors, with few exceptions, will have the capabilities of shooting the deep 3 ball, or will be able to drive the lane for a "thrilling two"...It's going to be spectacular...

I'm sure Lacy has been hard at work in the deep recesses of the Lady Vols bunker, looking for the next awesome post player that may be needed to propel the Lady Vols to the top of the charts...I'm personally looking forward to the looks on the oppositions face when they go a little nuts trying to cover all the scorers...

And then, when Justine gets here, they will think they have seen the "Arc Angel of the Three Ball" raining down retribution upon their defenseless selves, as the scoreboard at the TBA and other SEC stops, reach numbers they have never seen before...

Coach Kellie has developed a dynamic team for the present, built on the ideas and philosophies of the past, with two big eyes on the quickly approaching future, with the singular goal of raising multiple national championship banners at Thompson Boling Arena...

Number one with a Bullet!
TBA_Aerial_091512b.JPG

you're showing your ignorance
@Coach Jumper said, "For instance I teach that when to plant foot goes down the vision goes up, when to plant foot goes down the ball should be at the beginning of the cradling process picking the ball up. I teach many aspects of the cycle of the layup. I break it down so the each phase has emphasized mechanics."

I say all that goes out the window when you have a defender in position to make you eat leather. Fundamentals are critical and i support good fundamentals. Structure is critical for good free throw shooting. However trying to robotize even layups will only work when uncontested. The beauty of great players is the creativity displayed. There's a subtle difference between making good players great and great players good. I know at your favorite coach's school they don't bother with this stuff. They say they teach players how to play basketball. How to analyze what is going on and to take advantage of the situations.

Smith is as good as any center I have seen in the 2022 class defensively. I would love for her to have that one season with Key we would be dominating inside with those two and Striplin. Patterson is more of a 3-4 and of course is a player everyone would love to see coming their way. I will say that if we could land Smith and Patterson along with already committed Pissott those three plus who we have coming back in 2022 would mean were all the way back and in the top ten teams in the country that season.

Madi, as a HS FRESHMAN!,, went down to Tampa Florida went against top players in her class and came out ranked 13th. She has not been struggling this season. On a team with two Senior, both going to D1 scholarships, she is at 900 points right now!

She has only struggled (( AS A FRESHMAN in HS) with getting her 3 ball consistently off and is working hard to get it going better.
View attachment 346745
Blue star rated her #13 in the country

The fact that I promote this kid has nothing to do with the fact that I am working with her this summer,,,I also promoted Miles and Weathers and have gone to Striplin and Puckett's AAU games. And will undoubtedly go to Wynn's this summer,,,,Your theory is full of holes 2K22

Your 900 points as a Freshman in misleading. Played Varsity since 7th grade which goes into her HS point total. Per her MaxPreps she had a better 7th grade year across the board than this year as the season is closing out.

Reactions: VolBall09
Your 900 points as a Freshman in misleading. Played Varsity since 7th grade which goes into her HS point total. Per her MaxPreps she had a better 7th grade year across the board than this year as the season is closing out.
Madi also contracted covid this season..so I wouldnt hold nothing against her this season

Reactions: Majors
I'm not holding anything against her. She's obviously someone to watch but saying she's a FR with 900 points needed to be addressed that her numbers started counting in 7th grade.

Still pretty impressive that an 7th and 8th grader could put up those type of numbers against high school competition.

I get your point though she didn’t score all those in one season ... Even more impressive if she has had to miss time due to COVID and the ability to bounce back.

Still pretty impressive that an 7th and 8th grader could put up those type of numbers against high school competition.

I get your point though she didn’t score all those in one season ... Even more impressive if she has had to miss time due to COVID and the ability to bounce back.
Yes, 900 is an impressive number. With that said, their schedule is weak to middle of the road in playing the smaller private schools. They compete against the bigger schools, but lose.

Yes, 900 is an impressive number. With that said, their schedule is weak to middle of the road in playing the smaller private schools. They compete against the bigger schools, but lose.

How has she faired against those schools? i honestly am interested and intrigued because she has been brought up often on here...

How has she faired against those schools? i honestly am interested and intrigued because she has been brought up often on here...

She's all over the board with low score of 4 points to high of 19 (vs a AAA team). Ace had 32 against the same team early in the year. Again, seems like a solid player and will be fun to watch and grow especially after the two SR leave, then you'll have a better grasp of who she is.

cant find full highlights of Justine first game but I will be on the look out

I see Justine is now listed as 6'4" on her school team's roster....So much for the non believers....She is still growing.

WBK, my friend, if you find anything current on Justine PLEASE LIST IT....This young lady will enhance "The Lady Vol Legend", like few before her.....

With all the talent coach Kellie is assembling, Justine will become the center piece of these three point assassins...We are so lucky she chose to come here.

I've read quite a bit about the girl....She chose not go to events to improve her national rankings, instead she spends time in the gym working on her game, and especially the long ball....

She is the girl with the flying pony tail, and is the Arc Angel of the Three Ball....
08111ddc-ba20-4ae4-b407-55eb14d2ce65-RBC_girls_hoops-5025.jpg

I see Justine is now listed as 6'4" on her school team's roster....So much for the non believers....She is still growing.

WBK, my friend, if you find anything current on Justine PLEASE LIST IT....This young lady will enhance "The Lady Vol Legend", like few before her.....

With all the talent coach Kellie is assembling, Justine will become the center piece of these three point assassins...We are so lucky she chose to come here.

I've read quite a bit about the girl....She chose not go to events to improve her national rankings, instead she spends time in the gym working on her game, and especially the long ball....

She is the girl with the flying pony tail, and is the Arc Angel of the Three Ball....
AND TODAY IS HER AND HER TWINS BIRTHDAY AS WELL AS MINE!!

yes, I thought about that after I wrote it,,,you're right

Reactions: Majors
Again, I’m not knocking the kid. Believe she’s one to watch over the years.

I am going to train her as precise as I have ever trained a player this summer,,,,times on everything, technique pin-pointing, mechanics in detail,,,,I want to see what I can do with her this summer

Reactions: Remy and Majors

This is one for @Coach Jumper to take a good look at cause he is really into fundamentals. If I'm seeing it right I don't like the hand position on the ball. The ball is laying flat in the straight fingers and into the palm of the hand. The fingers should be comfortably spread and the ball in the first joint. Never in the palm. I say this knowing that she is already accurate and if I'm right, there is room for improvement when KJH gets some time with her. If that is really the way she shoots and if she will change she could be devastating on O.

That's rich....Perhaps you need to go to the Sistine Chapel and tell them you don't like how Michelangelo held his paint brush when he did the ceiling, it could have been better....

The girl is making 25-30 footers regularly, and you want to say she is wrong because of some picture.....She has her father, her high school coach, and her personal basketball coach since the second grade, as her personal shooting and playing mentors....

She will be here after next season draining 3's from everywhere. ...Perhaps you can buy a ticket and tell her how wrong she is then...

That's rich....Perhaps you need to go to the Sistine Chapel and tell them you don't like how Michelangelo held his paint brush when he did the ceiling, it could have been better....

The girl is making 25-30 footers regularly, and you want to say she is wrong because of some picture.....She has her father, her high school coach, and her personal basketball coach since the second grade, as her personal shooting and playing mentors....

She will be here after next season draining 3's from everywhere. ...Perhaps you can buy a ticket and tell her how wrong she is then...

What percentage does she shoot? That would make a difference in whether you retooled it or not. You can't tell that from a highlight reel.

I don't know about her palming it, but her form is way off from what is optimal in other ways which are obvious. This is not some big secret, or something esoteric. She has a push shot from her chest which will make her much easier to guard at the college level. She releases the ball low, and well in front of her. Her height will help there, but defenses will exploit that shot and it will take a lot of room to get off. Sometimes when girls are learning to play they aren't strong enough to use the best form, and then if they later become strong enough their habits are set in a less than optimal style. That is a downside to taking the sport up early.

Here is a video that shows more what the shot should look like. Watch the release point, and where he starts the shot. They are both higher and nearer to him, with the release point over his head, making it much harder to block. It also puts a better arc and spin on the ball to make the shot more accurate. Larry doesn't jump all that high (if at all) on his three pt shot so his form is a lot more like the one in the women's game should be.

[VIDEO=]

Reactions: lfvol

VN Store

Back