Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
We could do worse than Chris Ash as DC. I thought he had a nice first year at Texas taking over a defense that had bottomed out the previous year under Todd Orlando and was trying to transition from a 3-3-5 scheme in a year when there was no spring practice to implement his own system. The Texas defense under Orlando had very poor fundamentals, there were lots of busted coverages and missed tackles due to defenders simply launching themselves at ball carriers like they were missiles. This resulted in a lot of targeting penalties, injured shoulders, and missed tackles. Ash brought in his rugby tackling technique, and that all improved as the season went on.

Rutgers coach Chris Ash 'tackles' rugby-style technique

Urban Meyer really thought highly of him

Urban Meyer believes Texas DC Chris Ash was the best coordinator hire in CFB

The stats for last year were middle of the pack, but the defense kept them in some games, improved as the season went on, and I think most Texas fans would have been fine if Sark had retained him on the staff. He’s had a trial run of a year in the Big 12 facing offensive schemes that he didn’t see much in the Big 10, and I think that will all be to his benefit in the SEC.

We could do worse than Chris Ash as DC. I thought he had a nice first year at Texas taking over a defense that had bottomed out the previous year under Todd Orlando and was trying to transition from a 3-3-5 scheme in a year when there was no spring practice to implement his own system. The Texas defense under Orlando had very poor fundamentals, there were lots of busted coverages and missed tackles due to defenders simply launching themselves at ball carriers like they were missiles. This resulted in a lot of targeting penalties, injured shoulders, and missed tackles. Ash brought in his rugby tackling technique, and that all improved as the season went on.

The stats for last year were middle of the pack, but the defense kept them in some games, improved as the season went on, and I think most Texas fans would have been fine if Sark had retained him on the staff. He’s had a trial run of a year in the Big 12 facing offensive schemes that he didn’t see much in the Big 10, and I think that will all be to his benefit in the SEC.
please tell me this isnt the name? we HAVE a DC right now, on campus.

SIAP, but BRING BACK GUCCI (@Big Gucci Sosa)

After looking into some server hiccups during the traffic surge, I discovered and fixed a problem with one of our custom scripts that could have been causing connection issues for some users. I'm not sure if your issue resolved itself or not but thought this might be worth mentioning.

@SLICKYINC @Bassmaster_Vol

Texas 2019 defense: Gave up 28.9 ppg

Texas 2020 defense: Gave up 28.5 ppg

I don’t think I’d call 2019 “bottoming out” and then say Ash had a good 1st year

I might’ve missed it on previous pages, but has there been any update on Cody Brown? I just noticed that he deleted that “free me” tweet.

please tell me this isnt the name? we HAVE a DC right now, on campus.
We are already paying Steele, might as well make him work for it. Would it be possible to bring on Ash and retain Steele? The only way he gets a buyout is if we fire him, right?

Edit: Guess Ash going to Jacksonville would make this scenario pretty difficult. Just hire Steele already.

Reactions: Jackcrevol
I have put on my recruiting day underwear. I know all of you are going to say I am wasting my time but I shall not break from tradition it could cause us a surprise recruit today. lol
If you only wear them 1 day a year you never need to wash them. It's superstition science.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back