Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, I'm putting aside emotions on this one. And I'm not pissed we hired JH. I'm disappointed, because I hoped for a more proven coach. I'm willing to see what JH can do. But I'm not going to believe he's perfect and Infallible just because he's UT's coach. We did that with every previous coach until we didn't, and how did that work out? I'm taking off the orange-colored glasses to see reality more clearly. This isn't the end of the world, but it was an easily avoidable mistake. I really hope JH succeeds here. I want him to succeed here. But what do we serve if we don't acknowledge when he makes a mistake? He could have handled this situation better. I really hope he learns from this, because we need him to.

You are making a mountain out of a mole hill which makes it seem like an negative agenda driven attack.

For another thing, I hate that slimeball Byron D. and I always have. It's interesting that the scumbag handlers are coming out of the woodwork bitching since JH was hired. Our resident jackass handler whom I shall not name is just as pissed as Byron.

The gravy train is derailed and they are pissed..

But we have to care what potential recruits think. Who cares about other fans or other coaches, but recruits? That's important.
Tennessee's former staff didn't plan to sign him, as we've mentioned here several times, and nothing has changed since Heupel's signing, so no surprise here. I don't think there had been any contact between Tennessee and Taylor in a while before today.

- Callahan

Hate it for Roc, but like all the recruits say it's a "business decision." I wish Roc luck, but I do not care what some pro-Pruitt handler thinks of Tennessee.

Hope someone reminded him in the comments that UT fans & administration were not the ones that wanted out in the Lane situation...

Reactions: Smokey19rt
lmao, I don't. I care how our program is perceived. We all should, because most recruits don't grow up UT fans and all they know is perception. It's not about "me", Ron. It's about UT football.
If you cared about how the programmed is perceived, you wouldn’t post all the negative things you do.

There ya go, Tee isn’t even on contract.

The better question is this Tee or Pruitt trying smear UT & new coach?
So do we release all the kids that signed their NLIs because they committed to the previous staff, not the university?

There was a story, I believe last week, that Roc still planned to sign with UT. Believe it was a 247 article, but not positive. Point being, he thought he still had the option. What he "should have known" and what he thought are two different things.

But I'm done arguing. If you refuse to see the point I've been trying to make, I can't force you to see it. Logic doesn't always override emotion.
I really like you Weezy, I hope you don't think I am personally attacking you...please don't take it that way. You are a really good feller. I just totally disagree with you about this. I understand how it got lost in the shuffle of taking over this massive job and only having 5-6 days. It is human, and better than that it is is honest. The kid would have wasted his time here.

It is not a stupid mistake, it is just a unfortunate incident.

No but you have 40,000 post you can look it up for yourself.
In other words, you're making an assumption without knowing fact. I'm generally not a negative poster, and most know that. But you didn't bother to educate yourself.

Actually, I'm putting aside emotions on this one. And I'm not pissed we hired JH. I'm disappointed, because I hoped for a more proven coach. I'm willing to see what JH can do. But I'm not going to believe he's perfect and Infallible just because he's UT's coach. We did that with every previous coach until we didn't, and how did that work out? I'm taking off the orange-colored glasses to see reality more clearly. This isn't the end of the world, but it was an easily avoidable mistake. I really hope JH succeeds here. I want him to succeed here. But what do we serve if we don't acknowledge when he makes a mistake? He could have handled this situation better. I really hope he learns from this, because we need him to.
We only know one side of the story.....!if I had to guess.... the kid wasn’t allowed to sign early bc their is something wrong with him(grades or something)..... he was hoping to have a place to land with the coaching change and the same issue came up again and we didn’t take him.

Well that narrowed it down to one of 2 guys then, pretty cool.

My HS lost to South Pittsburgh in the 1999 season, @scienceteaching_vol played on the squad and was a beast too. The following season the school went undefeated and lost in the first round :(

I remember the HS going collectively to watch Remember the Titans that season as inspiration.

It was definitely a rough game for us. We had a very high scoring offense and didn’t start scoring until we went to our Quads formation, when we did that it was too late. We also had the best defense our school had ever had and SP made us look like Swiss cheese

Reactions: MoCo_Vol
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back