Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
My daughter and one of my sons plays soccer.... not that big an issue at their level but we have laughed a lot watching pros acting like they had been shot and died in the middle of the field.
I agree at this level as I only coached HS level and below. I have seen a few players be very dramatic about instances and over embellish contact, but for me I see more on the boys side than the girls side (I hope I can still say boys and girls??).

As for the pro level, it is absolutely hilarious to see a player taken off on stretcher and then return at the next opportunity. One minute they have a broke leg and then it's suddenly healed and back on field. :rolleyes:

After starting this thread, I guess I should follow up now that the dust has settled. My friend has been in the midst of helping a staff member exit, and I’ve been trying to be respectful of that transition. People and families are more important than message boards. That said, there are a couple of things I’ve heard that are non-controversial, while possibly of interest. We negotiated with Franklin, Elliot and Heupel only. Franklin played his hand much longer than anyone expected. He kept leaving the door open, but never accepted reasonable terms. The slow pace of that probably fatigued the Elliot deal. He had a full proposed staff etc. One can assume he was very serious. I just think our inability to act on that deal wore down his enthusiasm. Heupel was genuinely a place DW didn’t want to go, given his affection for UCF. That said, he might be the best choice of the three. He’s a head coach. He has no ego. He is an honest guy who DW trusts etc. my friend has become more optimistic about the NCAA as well. Apparently the aggressive way we intervened was by the book, and lauded by Glazier etc. We would’ve been in much worse shape if we turned the information over without acting decisively. I’ll share more once my friend is on the other side of his exit negotiations. There are several coaches who acted in good faith, and put the kids and the school first. It’s been good to hear that. Hearing how Pruitt ran the staff and the program makes me feel relieved that we’ve moved on. Many of the things my friend told me back in December have come to fruition months later. It’s interesting to see how long it takes for these things to unfold. In hindsight, there is probably no way a Tennessee search was going to be simple or clean, but I’m hopeful about the result. More to come...

News from Stoerner. I’m actually glad we got Heupel at this point. Would you rather have Heupel or Elliot?

He makes a good point

It's just a no brainer. What does JH need? A coach that can run every facet of the defense, coordinate defensive recruiting, and completely take that side of the ball off of Heupel's plate in year one.

What did Steele do at Auburn? Exactly that. In fact, he did it so well he backpacked Gus Malzahn's ****** high school offense and got that man three more seasons than he deserved and a fat contract extension.

The only thing keeping UT fans from being on board is Shakespearian fan fiction written by a handful of Auburn fans that we have decided to take as solid fact.

I have a request from Volnation. A plea really. My youngest Granddaughter, just over a month old, has been diagnosed with a Congenital Heart Defect (Tetralogy of Fallot) and will have open heart surgery this week. Any prayers that you could send (or positive thoughts if you don't believe in prayer) would be greatly appreciated. Just know, I wouldn't ask anything for myself, ever. But, I'll ask anything of anyone for one of my family. Thank you in advance.
I definately believe in the power of Prayer, Prayers sent! God is Good!

Wow AP said on the podcast that Pruitt and staff didn’t care to keep relationships with ‘backup plan’ recruits. Hadn’t talked to Horn at all. Said it was completely on David Johnson that we had a chance at the Memphis trio bc Pruitt didn’t want them until late in the cycle and David had taken it upon himself to keep relationships with those recruits so we didn’t have to play catch-up. Cone head proving himself more and more incompetent by the day.
Hot take:

I like Sam Horns make up and tape a lot better than I do Simpson.

It's just a no brainer. What does JH need? A coach that can run every facet of the defense, coordinate defensive recruiting, and completely take that side of the ball off of Heupel's plate in year one.

What did Steele do at Auburn? Exactly that. In fact, he did it so well he backpacked Gus Malzahn's ****** high school offense and got that man three more seasons than he deserved and a fat contract extension.

The only thing keeping UT fans from being on board is Shakespearian fan fiction written by a handful of Auburn fans that we have decided to take as solid fact.
He should probably remain on staff but his defenses struggle if they see 60+ plays. Malzahn actually reduced the tempo of his offense to play to the strengths of his elite defense. That won’t work for CJH, he needs to find someone who can keep up. You want a soft defense that puts an emphasis on negative plays. That’s exactly what the best teams are doing right now while their offenses put up PlayStation numbers. It won’t be the suffocating defense we had hoped for with Pruitt but it will win games.

How many posts before we create a new thread? I think the energy has shifted a little now that the head coaching search is behind us. We waiting on a full staff? Just curious

I have a request from Volnation. A plea really. My youngest Granddaughter, just over a month old, has been diagnosed with a Congenital Heart Defect (Tetralogy of Fallot) and will have open heart surgery this week. Any prayers that you could send (or positive thoughts if you don't believe in prayer) would be greatly appreciated. Just know, I wouldn't ask anything for myself, ever. But, I'll ask anything of anyone for one of my family. Thank you in advance.

Where will surgery be? Ours was at Vanderbilt Children's. They are so fantastic there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back