Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a request from Volnation. A plea really. My youngest Granddaughter, just over a month old, has been diagnosed with a Congenital Heart Defect (Tetralogy of Fallot) and will have open heart surgery this week. Any prayers that you could send (or positive thoughts if you don't believe in prayer) would be greatly appreciated. Just know, I wouldn't ask anything for myself, ever. But, I'll ask anything of anyone for one of my family. Thank you in advance.

Definitely praying. And it may have already been mentioned, but I know in the mid state, there are some really fantastic family support groups organized on Facebook. Really outstanding folks in that group.

Reactions: VOLSONLY
Wow AP said on the podcast that Pruitt and staff didn’t care to keep relationships with ‘backup plan’ recruits. Hadn’t talked to Horn at all. Said it was completely on David Johnson that we had a chance at the Memphis trio bc Pruitt didn’t want them until late in the cycle and David had taken it upon himself to keep relationships with those recruits so we didn’t have to play catch-up. Cone head proving himself more and more incompetent by the day.

If y’all have a free minute... feel free to take the time to appreciate these absolute dimes by Tony Robinson.

Thanks for sharing. Just slightly ahead of my time. I was alive, but my earliest Vol memories are listening to John Ward calling Reggie Cobb’s name on the radio. So I didn’t really realize before this video...

Robinson could sling it all over the yard.

Wow AP said on the podcast that Pruitt and staff didn’t care to keep relationships with ‘backup plan’ recruits. Hadn’t talked to Horn at all. Said it was completely on David Johnson that we had a chance at the Memphis trio bc Pruitt didn’t want them until late in the cycle and David had taken it upon himself to keep relationships with those recruits so we didn’t have to play catch-up. Cone head proving himself more and more incompetent by the day.

Goes to prove that he could only be successful at a top tier program.

get off your high horse. I have an opinion just like others here

and I’ll be the first to tell you that I wanted a defensive coach when Pruitt was hired, I didn’t like the hire of Barnes, I didn’t like the spread, and I have always hated uptempo offensives. I loved power running games in the I formation and hated big 12 styles

and yea all those things I was wrong about and I just as easily could be wrong about Armett.
I see things from up here that you obviously cant...why would I ever come down?

My biggest problem with this whole mess has always been timing. Felt like we waited too long to fire Pruitt. Now I feel like we're taking too long to pull together a staff. The build up to NSD is important. Not just for recruiting HS players, but transfers as well. I feel like we really dropped the ball on that, and it's mostly on Boyd and Plowman for waiting so long to take action. They effectively knee-capped us. The investigation, the leak, the timing...they sabotaged us. Pruitt should have been fired for cause right after the season ended. If they had take action then, I can't help but feel we would probably be in better shape now.
I think we'll start seeing some assistant announcements after National Signing Day on Wednesday

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back