Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
So it would be totally fine if Roc didn't mesh with Heupel and chose to go somewhere else because he doesn't fit the system, but it's bush league for Heupel to (most likely) not allow him to sign because he doesn't fit the system and would probably ride the pine for 2-3 years and transfer? Got it....

That screams character issues and him being a tweener. Previous staff slow played him. At least JH was real with him and let him go. Not his fault he took over this close to signing day.
Facts. Most reasonable people will understand this. Besides, how often are we pulling recruits out of Alabama anyway? He needs to be picking up players in TN, GA, KY, NC, VA, and SC. That's our primary recruiting ground. And if he has any connections in Fl, maybe a few of them also

@Bassmaster_Vol ash was one of it and first calls and part of his staff pitch at Jax. That should tell you all you need to know
Hopefully he comes here. Sounds like a good hire. Wonder if he is a good recruiter and who is staff would be? Garner still? Wonder if Steele would stay and coach LB's? He doesn't have any other opportunities so why not

Our coach is literally trying to figure out the new staff, the roster, reset recruiting strategies, implement a playbook, etc. He probably just now got around to scouting Roc and decided not to go that route. I do feel bad for the kid. This is the crappy part of it all. But JH is allowed to take who he wants. I’m sure Roc knew this was a possibility. Blaming JH is stupid.
He should have scouted him first thing with NSD rapidly approaching. JH screwed this one up. You don't pull a scholarship offer the day before NSD. It's just a really bad thing to do to a kid, and it makes us look bad in a time we really don't need to look bad.

Reactions: sona
**** devinner also
Why isn’t he bitching about bama not taking him
He’s nothing but a fat lazy piece of **** that uses kids for his possible monetary benefit

Put the walls up higher
And screw these assholes and **** the inbred state of Alabama
No need to be cruel. @drvenner is a somewhat respected poster around here.

Always has been, but unfortunately he's not wrong that the coach probably doesn't let UT back in there, at least not for a long time. High school coaches are vindictive. We learned that with some of our past coaches. JH made a big mistake with how he handled this one. I get people are trying to be positive about this hire, but in this situation, reality is that JH handled it poorly if he just pulled that offer today. If he had pulled it last week, we could spin the new staff angle, but the day before NSD? It's a very bad look for a staff that can't afford bad looks atm. Our program is in a bad spot, and this staff needs to avoid making these kind of stupid, silly mistakes if they hope to rebuild us to respectability. That's reality, Bass. We can huff up and pretend it's no big deal, but we can't afford to be burning any recruiting bridges right now.

Choose joy my friend

He should have scouted him first thing with NSD rapidly approaching. JH screwed this one up. You don't pull a scholarship offer the day before NSD. It's just a really bad thing to do to a kid, and it makes us look bad in a time we really don't need to look bad.

To be fair we can't look any worse and nothing will change that until the air attack begins this fall. 🚀

He could have committed to Bama anytime he wanted too.

The fact he’s been looking for any reason to not go to Tennessee, makes me think he’s ready to commit and start recruiting these in state players.

JH sold him on being the face of Tennessee and building a family environment.

His offense puts up points so no doubt he’ll put him in the best position to win.

What part of the state you from buddy? Im from South Pittsburg, on the state line.
My team lost a State Championship game to you guys in 2007/2008 😔 - but y’all’s speed was just way to fast for the other secondary guys, we only had about 2 guys on defense who could keep up with your WRs then.... myself (DB) and a safety.

Reactions: orange parmejohn
No one will remember this in 72 hours. Saying that he should scout this kid before doing the 5000 other things he needs to do is insane. He ain’t Superman. Roc will be fine.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
Facts. Most reasonable people will understand this. Besides, how often are we pulling recruits out of Alabama anyway? He needs to be picking up players in TN, GA, KY, NC, VA, and SC. That's our primary recruiting ground. And if he has any connections in Fl, maybe a few of them also

He’s mad at the wrong staff. You didn’t mind Pruitt and co slow playing you for months but you’re mad bc JH did the right thing and let you go completely and actually gives you an opportunity to find a place. Makes no sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back