Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do not like. Think this is a mistake by JH and could potentially hurt future recruiting in that area. It's one player. You make the room, hope he works out, and keep the good will.
New coaches new scheme. He was just hired and he needs to sign who fits what he wants. Coaches understand the game but they will stick up for their players. New coach cannot guarantee any spot to anyone when they are looking to fill the roster with their own needs.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
Of course, you can say "boys and girls". Please do. The day that kind of politically correct non-sense reaches this board will be the day it dies. So yes, please use these terms if it offends anyone, they can kick rocks.
I meant it as a joke but my wife constantly tells me my jokes aren't funny. I guess I'm showing my age.
Go Vols!!

Reactions: C.W. McVol
What an idiot
Always has been, but unfortunately he's not wrong that the coach probably doesn't let UT back in there, at least not for a long time. High school coaches are vindictive. We learned that with some of our past coaches. JH made a big mistake with how he handled this one. I get people are trying to be positive about this hire, but in this situation, reality is that JH handled it poorly if he just pulled that offer today. If he had pulled it last week, we could spin the new staff angle, but the day before NSD? It's a very bad look for a staff that can't afford bad looks atm. Our program is in a bad spot, and this staff needs to avoid making these kind of stupid, silly mistakes if they hope to rebuild us to respectability. That's reality, Bass. We can huff up and pretend it's no big deal, but we can't afford to be burning any recruiting bridges right now.

Alright, someone teach me about Chris Ash. Let me hear it @HankHill
Go watch tape of his defenses at Ohio state. Their secondary and pass defense was pathetic prior to him showing up. He was also damn good at Wisconsin. I don’t give 2 sh*ts about what he did at Rutgers as Hc.

Always has been, but unfortunately he's not wrong that the coach probably doesn't let UT back in there, at least not for a long time. High school coaches are vindictive. We learned that with some of our past coaches. JH made a big mistake with how he handled this one. I get people are trying to be positive about this hire, but in this situation, reality is that JH handled it poorly if he just pulled that offer today. If he had pulled it last week, we could spin the new staff angle, but the day before NSD? It's a very bad look for a staff that can't afford bad looks atm. Our program is in a bad spot, and this staff needs to avoid making these kind of stupid, silly mistakes if they hope to rebuild us to respectability. That's reality, Bass. We can huff up and pretend it's no big deal, but we can't afford to be burning any recruiting bridges right now.

It’s not something that a phone call wouldn’t fix. If he’s really that upset he’ll get over it.

Reactions: WesternNCVol
Roc Taylor getting those 15 mins...likely a name no one hears again. Best of luck to the kid, but if this is how you handle things then you're not thick skinned enough.

Pruitt & co. pulled that offer, Josh Heupel catching the blame cause he ain't paying handlers any cash to "understand, it's a business" all this BS is about.

I didn't say it was good. I also don't think it's the end of the world as you're saying. Nobody will be talking about this in 2 weeks. Besides, if Roc is any good, he'll have another opportunity to go somewhere else. It may hurt him in that one school in bama for a temporary time, but that's probably it.

Oh, bs. This isn’t JH’s fault. This kid wasn’t going to be a Vol anyway, otherwise Pruitt would have let him sign already.

All this is, is a publicity stunt to blame JH and UT, make us look bad, because their under the table stacks of cash are gone.

I think my 2-1-8 flex inverter concepts might work up on the Hill. I've just come up with them in the last 5 minutes.
In this scenario, the guys playing the 2 position would have to weigh at least 400 lbs to clog up the middle :p:p:p:p

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back