Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow AP said on the podcast that Pruitt and staff didn’t care to keep relationships with ‘backup plan’ recruits. Hadn’t talked to Horn at all. Said it was completely on David Johnson that we had a chance at the Memphis trio bc Pruitt didn’t want them until late in the cycle and David had taken it upon himself to keep relationships with those recruits so we didn’t have to play catch-up. Cone head proving himself more and more incompetent by the day.
Look at AP throwing shade now.

Wow AP said on the podcast that Pruitt and staff didn’t care to keep relationships with ‘backup plan’ recruits. Hadn’t talked to Horn at all. Said it was completely on David Johnson that we had a chance at the Memphis trio bc Pruitt didn’t want them until late in the cycle and David had taken it upon himself to keep relationships with those recruits so we didn’t have to play catch-up. Cone head proving himself more and more incompetent by the day.
I can believe this. He came from Bama and they probably never had to talk to their back up recruits. If they hit on 90% of their #1 guys, why spend much time recruiting their back up guys. I think he just tried to mirror what he did at Bana and it bit him in the a$$.

I agree at this level as I only coached HS level and below. I have seen a few players be very dramatic about instances and over embellish contact, but for me I see more on the boys side than the girls side (I hope I can still say boys and girls??).

As for the pro level, it is absolutely hilarious to see a player taken off on stretcher and then return at the next opportunity. One minute they have a broke leg and then it's suddenly healed and back on field. :rolleyes:
Of course, you can say "boys and girls". Please do. The day that kind of politically correct non-sense reaches this board will be the day it dies. So yes, please use these terms if it offends anyone, they can kick rocks.

I agree at this level as I only coached HS level and below. I have seen a few players be very dramatic about instances and over embellish contact, but for me I see more on the boys side than the girls side (I hope I can still say boys and girls??).

As for the pro level, it is absolutely hilarious to see a player taken off on stretcher and then return at the next opportunity. One minute they have a broke leg and then it's suddenly healed and back on field. :rolleyes:
Of course, you can say "boys and girls". Please do. The day that kind of politically correct non-sense reaches this board will be the day it dies. So yes, please use these terms if it offends anyone, they can kick rocks.

Chris Ash would not get you this excited. So either it ain't him, or you don't know...
Wait what? Lol Chris is one of the names but why would you not get excited for him?

Urban loves Ash and he is one of the best defensive back coaches in all of football. He’s the one who developed that stupid Ohio state secondary with 3 first round picks in 2017 and Eli Apple in 2016. It’s a lot like how Sam Pittman gets a lot of the credit for what Harry Heistand did with the OL that Pittman took over. There’s a reason why urban wants him so bad in Jacksonville. Their corners have been a train wreck since Ramsey and AJ were traded.

We would also be going back to a 4 man front that gives us wayyyyy more versatility. And it’s easier to recruit into. Schematically he runs exactly what we should be with this offense. Get big time play makers in the secondary and focus more or turnovers over yards.

Good grief. I thought your HC suggestions were bad and now you're suggesting Grantham? The coach that every gator fan wants fired, who had literally one of the worst defenses in the SEC last year. Yeah.. no thanks
Lol I would hate a Gratham hire. Doesn't mean it won't happen (look at our HC.)

The only reason I say Grantham is he was on Hubbs' initial list and theoretically it makes sense for him to wait until after Signing Day to leave UF.

Reactions: Smokey19rt
Ohhhh nooooooow he’s saying all this stuff 😂😂. Gtfo AP.

What part of the state you from buddy? Im from South Pittsburg, on the state line.

This was pretty obvious when he would miss on top targets he had to go way down list. He would piss off the backup plans and now they are hurting us at other schools recruiting current roster

Wait what? Lol Chris is one of the names but why would you not get excited for him?

Urban loves Ash and he is one of the best defensive back coaches in all of football. He’s the one who developed that stupid Ohio state secondary with 3 first round picks in 2017 and Eli Apple in 2016. It’s a lot like how Sam Pittman gets a lot of the credit for what Harry Heistand did with the OL that Pittman took over. There’s a reason why urban wants him so bad in Jacksonville. Their corners have been a train wreck since Ramsey and AJ were traded.

We would also be going back to a 4 man front that gives us wayyyyy more versatility. And it’s easier to recruit into. Schematically he runs exactly what we should be with this offense. Get big time play makers in the secondary and focus more or turnovers over yards.
So it is Ash. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back