Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait, you're being serious.

giphy.gif

You guys are acting like I hope I’m right.

GSU, BYU, KY, etc..

Is it really that unreasonable to just expect the worst at this point?

I think we're going to be horrible on defense. However, I also think we're incredibly weak on the offensive line. We were weak on the offensive line last year, and we're losing a lot of our best offensive linemen. It's hard to win in the SEC if you're getting dominated in the trenches, and I think we'll be dominated in the trenches on both offense and defense. We also have virtually no returning production at running back, and very, very little returning production at wide receiver. You're looking at the roster and thinking that we have talented players returning. I'm looking at our roster and saying that we have virtually no returning on-field production. Given the lack of development of the roster by the previous regime, I think we're looking at a VERY rough year in 2021.
Go back to my original post and you'll see I said inexperienced. They are inexperienced, but I think the talent is there on offense. As far as our OL last year, I think they were horribly coached. I don't think it was bad players so much as it was a bad coach. With no more transfers out, I think the OL will be okay everywhere with the exception of LT, which is arguably the most important spot. Losing Wanya and JJ there hurts. Not sure how they fill that void. But we have talented QBs, talented RBS, and talented WRs. They just need to be coached. I think JH has most of the pieces he needs on offense, he just has to coach them up.

Bring the cliffs
Nothing really to speak of. He said that several candidates were contacted and that both parties did a good job of avoiding leaks of the talks. After weighing all available options, Huepel was the best fit. He believes that the team has enough talent to be really good really soon. Expect an exciting offense. Practices will be fun. The players that he met with that were chosen by their teammates were the most impressive he has met in his nine years as an AD. He believes that the administration did everything right regarding the NCAA violations. As a result he doesn't expect severe penalties. He even said that incoming recruits may not have to deal with the penalties. No news regarding assistants.

Go back to my original post and you'll see I said inexperienced. They are inexperienced, but I think the talent is there on offense. As far as our OL last year, I think they were horribly coached. I don't think it was bad players so much as it was a bad coach. With no more transfers out, I think the OL will be okay everywhere with the exception of LT, which is arguably the most important spot. Losing Wanya and JJ there hurts. Not sure how they fill that void. But we have talented QBs, talented RBS, and talented WRs. They just need to be coached. I think JH has most of the pieces he needs on offense, he just has to coach them up.
So, reading this post of yours, I'm assuming that you're optimistic about the quality of the talent on the roster, but you do realize that we're likely to have A LOT of losses in 2021 given the fact that we are returning precious few experienced players and the ones that have experience have mostly played poorly. Is that a fair statement? You don't actually expect us to be good in 2021 do you?

Guards are fine but not a single left tackle on the roster. Hope we can scrounge up something out of the portal.
Last year in their final game because of Covid, Louisville beat Wake Forest and played 5 guards. The guy who played center learned he was going to start at center on Wednesday and had never played a down of center in a game or practice before that Wednesday. ACC made them play the game. Those 5 were their only offensive linemen.

Reactions: Sleegro
So did I misread this? In 2018, Scored 32 points against LSU in just over 15 Minutes? Dang! I like the quick strike offense.

Correct. They did have a pick 6, so it was more like 25 in 15 minutes.

The best part was they got pinned on their own 5 yard line with just under two minutes in the first half and went 95 yards and scored before half. Refreshing to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back