Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Questions to ask on Vol Calls.

Who's going to be our DC?
How well do you think you'll do recruiting here?
No, seriously, who's gonna be our DC?
Have you been checking the transfer portal for players that can help the team?
When are you going to name a DC?
Are you concerned both our experienced left tackles left?
Any chance Toot and Crouch come back?
Now about that DC?
Have you evaluated team needs?
For the love of God, can you please tell us who the DC is going to be??!
I'M with you! I wonder if you did ask what the timeline was for a defensive coordinator if he'd at least give some kind of info.

I was never really on or off honestly more less just waiting to get on.😭😂 for our sake I hope it works out and Danny White looks like a hero in all of this..I’m tired of losing but I’m always annoyed at the fact we are the only university taking chances on “unknowns/unproven” coaches at a high level major university.when others do what they need to do in order to win immediately.I’ll always want the best for tennessee no matter who’s coach but the administration sometimes makes it hard.
I don't know if it'll make you feel better or not, but we're far from the only school hiring such coaches. In fact, just within the SEC it's rare to hire a known/proven coach from a high level major university.

Looking just at the current coaches only Saban and Fisher fit that category, and Fisher had just been fired and many on VN didn't want him. With a stretch I suppose you could include Mullen, but I don't think it's fair to put him in that category. Leach even less so. And Kiffin less so. None of them had won at the level we'd be happy with and would also have been polarizing hires. So at absolute most, using loose interpretation of your statement, 5 current SEC would fit.

Last edited:
I lived in CA briefly. Beautiful state and nice people (as does most places). But that's the only nice thing I can say about CA. And apparently a lot of people agree with me since literally hundreds of thousands of people are moving out.

I wish more would leave. Seriously. The more that leave, the better it'll be for those of us who're staying.

Last 15 years...ok.

Did you like our chances 19 weeks ago? And by the way, since then, we have changed ADs, overhauled a coaching staff, lost players to transfer, looking down the barrel of sanctions, and we still don't have a DC.

Wait, you're being serious.

giphy.gif

Reactions: Bassmaster_Vol
We're experienced at sucking at a lot of positions. You are holding on to some perceived level of competence for our players that has never actually materialized on the field.
Look at our skill players on offense. If JH can mold the players at UCF to play a high-powered offense, I think he has the players to do that here as well. Like I said, I think the biggest question on offense is LT. I'll stick by that evaluation. Now, if you want to argue that we're in trouble on defense, I'd have to agree with that. We have needs everywhere on defense.

Look at our skill players on offense. If JH can mold the players at UCF to play a high-powered offense, I think he has the players to do that here as well. Like I said, I think the biggest question on offense is LT. I'll stick by that evaluation. Now, if you want to argue that we're in trouble on defense, I'd have to agree with that. We have needs everywhere on defense.
I think we're going to be horrible on defense. However, I also think we're incredibly weak on the offensive line. We were weak on the offensive line last year, and we're losing a lot of our best offensive linemen. It's hard to win in the SEC if you're getting dominated in the trenches, and I think we'll be dominated in the trenches on both offense and defense. We also have virtually no returning production at running back, and very, very little returning production at wide receiver. You're looking at the roster and thinking that we have talented players returning. I'm looking at our roster and saying that we have virtually no returning on-field production. Given the lack of development of the roster by the previous regime, I think we're looking at a VERY rough year in 2021.

Reactions: CJBlaze
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back