Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing really to speak of. He said that several candidates were contacted and that both parties did a good job of avoiding leaks of the talks. After weighing all available options, Huepel was the best fit. He believes that the team has enough talent to be really good really soon. Expect an exciting offense. Practices will be fun. The players that he met with that were chosen by their teammates were the most impressive he has met in his nine years as an AD. He believes that the administration did everything right regarding the NCAA violations. As a result he doesn't expect severe penalties. He even said that incoming recruits may not have to deal with the penalties. No news regarding assistants.
If true about penalties, that’s great!

I'll go with a way-too-early prediction of:

Bowling Green - 95%
Pitt - 70%
Tennessee Tech - 99%
Florida - 30%
Missouri - 50%
South Carolina - 70%
Ole Miss - 45%
Bama - 10%
Kentucky - 60%
Georgia - 15%
South Alabama - 97%
Vanderbilt - 90%

7.3 wins, 4.7 losses

7-5 most likely, 8-4 next most likely. For Y1, this would be outstanding and a great change of pace from...5-7, 5-7, and...5-7.

29.5 PPG scored and 26.5 PPG allowed. Best scoring margin since 2016...

After talking with some folks about how this offense will run, I just plainly don’t think we’re going to have success in the SEC. Doesn’t meant I’m not rooting to be wrong.

I hated the hire, got on board because that’s what fans do, then did some actual research. I don’t see how this path forward ends well.
You need better friends.

I'll go with a way-too-early prediction of:

Bowling Green - 95%
Pitt - 70%
Tennessee Tech - 99%
Florida - 30%
Missouri - 50%
South Carolina - 70%
Ole Miss - 45%
Bama - 10%
Kentucky - 60%
Georgia - 15%
South Alabama - 97%
Vanderbilt - 90%

7.3 wins, 4.7 losses

7-5 most likely, 8-4 next most likely. For Y1, this would be outstanding and a great change of pace from...5-7, 5-7, and...5-7.

29.5 PPG scored and 26.5 PPG allowed. Best scoring margin since 2016...
That sounds about right honestly. Depending on how our first games go... and how Florida does against bama... that game may could be a -3 point spread.

So, reading this post of yours, I'm assuming that you're optimistic about the quality of the talent on the roster, but you do realize that we're likely to have A LOT of losses in 2021 given the fact that we are returning precious few experienced players and the ones that have experience have mostly played poorly. Is that a fair statement? You don't actually expect us to be good in 2021 do you?
I think we have most of what we need to be exciting on offense, but defense will struggle.

You realize that's every offense in existence though, right? Like no offense does BETTER against top end defenses, not on average.
I've been trying to explain that, but he is in full on "Imma go full negative so I don't get hurt" mode.

That and it is a easy bet right now..he gets to say later "See I told you dummie suckers it was a bad hire, and his offense sucks and wouldn't work"

Just got back from going out for food. Callahan was on the radio. He doesn't think Big Kat ends up here. Said Roc Taylor is looking at other teams and not sure he signs with us. Not sure we sign anyone on Wednesday. Thinks Brooks wants out of his NLI to go to Auburn, and Cody Brown wants out because he doesn't see a fit in JH's system. Doubts we get many, if any, transfers this season due to lack of relationships. Dude paints a bleak picture. The only positive thing he said, going forward, he believes JH will do okay recruiting. Said if Butch can do it, JH can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back