Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are 0-1 over the last year. That has more bearing 2 years ago, 3 years ago....20, etc.

Last year will have no real bearing on this year, especially with a whole new staff. The "unless proven otherwise" qualifier makes no sense. I guess you would consider us losing to Georgia State this year "unless proven otherwise." That is language for the Florida, Georgia, and Alabama games but not Kentucky, who we have historically beaten for years. There are reasons why we are 33-3 in the last 36. We have more talent.

Our 27 point loss last year to UK was the worst loss to them since they beat us by 27 in 1935. They have only beaten us worse than that ONE other time...the first meeting in 1893 was 56-0. Lol.

That makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.... did you watch what caused the loss last season?

Name one reason before the game was played why we shouldn't have beat KY last year.

JG happened last year. Sure. What is going to happen this year?

We have won 33/36 or whatever, we have more talent, we have more tradition...etc, etc, etc...I get it.

None of that mattered last year. What makes you think it matters this year?

If the last 15 years should have taught us anything it is no matter what talent we have, what coaches we bring in, what scheme we run....teams that are supposed to beat us always do and teams we are supposed to beat always have a punchers chance, at least, against us.

This is our reality.

So yes - until we beat them this year, I'm counting it as a loss.

Name one reason before the game was played why we shouldn't have beat KY last year.

We have won 33/36 or whatever, we have more talent, we have more tradition...etc, etc, etc...I get it.

If the last 15 years should have taught us anything it is no matter what talent we have, what coaches we bring in, what scheme we run....teams that are supposed to beat us always do and teams we are supposed to beat always have a punchers chance, at least, against us.

This is our reality.

What’s going to happen this year? We are going to kick their a$$...... it’s true we can always lose to some of the mediocre teams on our schedule but we should be favored to beat them.

Reactions: crazyguy
Since everyone is being optimistic I’ll say this

Anything less than 2-1 with the Kentucky, mizzu and ole miss games is a fail

I'm being Debbie Downer today. IMO we have seen this movie play out before.

It's the shiney new coach smell. In 3 years we will be looking for a trade-in again.

This is our reality.

Tennessee's record in the last 15 years is 12-3 against Kentucky. You don't like our chances, I do.

It's the shiney new coach smell. In 3 years we will be looking for a trade-in again.
Yay! Just in time for the sanctions and another turd sandwich. Maybe we should just bite the bullet and hire Turd Ferguson.

I actually think we are going to win 7-8 games this year and get everyone excited but it’s going to be the best season we have in the next 5 years. I see 2021 as the best team JH will have here

Tennessee's record in the last 15 years is 12-3 against Kentucky. You don't like our chances, I do.

Last 15 years...ok.

Did you like our chances 19 weeks ago? And by the way, since then, we have changed ADs, overhauled a coaching staff, lost players to transfer, looking down the barrel of sanctions, and we still don't have a DC.

Last 15 years...ok.

Did you like our chances 19 weeks ago? And by the way, since then, we have changed ADs, overhauled a coaching staff, lost players to transfer, looking down the barrel of sanctions, and we still don't have a DC.
And our new coach actually knows how to score, touchdowns even. No I didn't predict a win after the GA meltdown, way too shaky at QB.

I consider every game a draw until it's played. Even Bama.

raw

This is the first time ever I remember not even caring about the DC hire. In years past I would be glued to VN looking for updates. Now I find myself forgetting we still don't have one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back