Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
we need some defensive coaches

Agree. I was listening to the sports source on YouTube. It’s got Jimmy Hyams and some others on it and it’s pretty good. It has Will Overstreet, Sterling Hinton and Daniel Hood on today. They were talking about how excited they were about Heupel hire.

Hyams and the others were talking about assistant coaches. Now they are by far legit insiders but their opinion was that the longer this goes on without Steele leaving the more likely it is he stays on. Now Hyams mentioned Steele as DC and bringing Chavis to coach LBs. I wouldn’t have an issue with that.

Agree. I was listening to the sports source on YouTube. It’s got Jimmy Hyams and some others on it and it’s pretty good. It has Will Overstreet, Sterling Hinton and Daniel Hood on today. They were talking about how excited they were about Heupel hire.

Hyams and the others were talking about assistant coaches. Now they are by far legit insiders but their opinion was that the longer this goes on without Steele leaving the more likely it is he stays on. Now Hyams mentioned Steele as DC and bringing Chavis to coach LBs. I wouldn’t have an issue with that.

Jimmy just wants Steele so he can have a source in the program. Chavis needs to be done.

Chavis doesn't recruit and it seems that would be a need for a new staff. I say that is highly unlikely given the circumstances.

I'm pretty sure that @MIT_Beaver dropped off my Uber eats order from Taco Bell the other night. The car looked identical to the one in his avatar pic. I'm thinking that the MIT actually stands for "Meal In Transit."

I thought MIT stood for Meaningless Idiot Troll .

You’re not wanting to “waste your time?”

Why? You’ve got enough time to make **** tweets (before subsequently deleting them half the time) and trolling a message board.

Fraud
..... Takes time to take degrees out of frame, scan and copy degree....... If not just a random google image...... Carefully cuts sticky portion of post-it notes then applies said sticky over supposed name..... Takes random bic lighter to it and then takes picture.... Accompanied with ramblings on a Twitter post.......

Busy bee........

Your single-variable metric of success lacks significant input from variable data. Your "analysis" focuses solely on Ws and Ls. As many have pointed out, and which you have ignored, are variables like 10 of his best players opting out this year, 2 season-ending injuries to starting and backup QB, and the fact that all of his losses were one-possession games.

You love to use big words and concepts that you picked up at Sloan to make yourself seem smart and impressive, but fail to see the bigger picture. It makes you look like a pompous ass who tries too hard to sound intelligent. In reality, it highlights your lack of intellectual nuance. Nobody cares what you think anymore.
Single variable metric lacks significant input from variable data??? W/L is a post Mortem observational KPI, not an output that I am trying to predict (which is the only thing that would make variable input data relevant).
On COVID, control for what their competition had to deal with on COVID, highly doubt UCF was the only one “impacted”. I am writing in concepts because I am typing on my phone. You sound like a Stats 201 TA that has never built anything material in AI trying to throw darts at people who are where you wish to be. Happy to compare resumes in AI if you so choose, $100 says mine is better.

I don’t understand the hate for ATL Vol. everything I have seen from him make out to be a good man. He probably has biases but I would assume he has done more for the program than most on this board.

To repeat, I was not hating on AV. I was calling you a troll.

ATL seems legit.

We got Californians comin to Tennessee too. As long as they don’t bring their ridiculous voting tendencies that got them screwed in the first place, I’m ok with it.

Went on a date with a girl not long ago who said, and I quote, “I don’t eat anything that has a face.”

Immediately asked where she was from.
-“California”

Because of course she was.
I would never date a girl who said that to me :cool::cool:

Single variable metric lacks significant input from variable data??? W/L is a post Mortem observational KPI, not an output that I am trying to predict (which is the only thing that would make variable input data relevant).
On COVID, control for what their competition had to deal with on COVID, highly doubt UCF was the only one “impacted”. I am writing in concepts because I am typing on my phone. You sound like a Stats 201 TA that has never built anything material in AI trying to throw darts at people who are where you wish to be. Happy to compare resumes in AI if you so choose, $100 says mine is better.
We’ve gone so crazy over assistant coach hires that we now have bets on who has the better resume.

Based on the market P/E or QE stock inflation?

I'll admit the 2nd highest Schiller P/E in HISTORY (33.8), even higher than Black Tuesday and only outdone by the 2000 tech boom spike, is a bit worrisome. But one also has to wonder if the market has simply seen a fundamental P/E shift due to so much of it being tech, bio, medical, etc and less made up of dinosaur "cash cow" industries. Regardless, very low interest rates could continue the P/E inflation (if that is the cause) for the foreseeable future.
View attachment 347298

I've also heard people saying this (including an older gentlemen at work that SWORE it was inflated by QE infinity back in 2015...only to miss out on basically doubling his money in just 5 years). The only thing I know is true is that the market will go up in the long-run and humans (even the experts) are notoriously bad at timing the market.

As always, I'd say invest or divest incrementally and HODL for the long haul and be very cautious of making "all-or-nothing" plays. Good luck to all 😄 ♠️♥️♦️♣️
Yep, I’m only in my mid twenties so I’m not going to try to time the market. Ill HODL and continue buy the dip because stocks only go up in the long term.

Last edited:
The lifting weights through the season was during his first season.... he asked where the big guys were when Pruitt got on campus.... I have no idea if artis is a good strength coach or not but last season is a poor indicator.
Wrong on my part about the lifting weights during season.. ur right but I know we lost weight this past season... and I think it hurt us but I’m willing to give him another year like I said before.

Last edited:
He didn't like them, either.

Some guys can't just move on. They get riled up, go elsewhere and entice a pipeline of players to follow them.

Perhaps, but with the new transfer rule if approved, you have to keep recruiting kids. He started most of the year and was no worse that 58. And there has been innuendo from reporters that 58 caused friction in 2018 and 2019. Meanwhile, we need tackles and are offering a 5.6 255lb kid. And we lost Key L to OK, our top prospect at DB. There are consequences to sticking a FB number on a kid the last two games and not playing more talented underclass guys like Key. And the Plowman show timing limited the chance to sell these kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back