Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
The same Redditors that raised GS stock doing the same thing to AMC since RH blocked the trade. They have more steam now since it’s national news that RH f’ed their customers. AMC is down right now so it’s cheap and no telling what it will rise too
Thnx. Just nabbed a couple shares because you never know.

Everyone keeps mentioning Maurer and that’s awesome, but talent has never been his problem. If he can’t stay healthy then it doesn’t matter the offensive system they run.

Reactions: nicksjuzunk
Some reddit traders got together to "push a stock" (don't know why exactly, lots of various reasons I've seen speculated) it took off when Elon Musk tweeted about it (because he's an avid redditor) then the push was on and now the government is trying to get involved or something. Some smaller trading platforms straight up cut off buy feature for the stock (to prevent it being driven up more) and apparently Robinhood is going to force sell shares for its customers.

RH might have just killed their company if they actually do it.

Attachments

• 21F827D0-4A16-4060-BC61-937FB174EA8D.png
    21F827D0-4A16-4060-BC61-937FB174EA8D.png
    943.7 KB · Views: 103
Everyone keeps mentioning Maurer and that’s awesome, but talent has never been his problem. If he can’t stay healthy then it doesn’t matter the offensive system they run.

Heupel said something in his interview with Bob Kesling the other day that stood out to me. He said a lot times the QB position is the most under-coached position on the team...ala Pruitt era QB’s coached by Weinke. It’s going to be interesting to see who emerges...and definitely satisfying to see a well coached QB.

Heupel said something in his interview with Bob Kesling the other day that stood out to me. He said a lot times the QB position is the most under-coached position on the team...ala Pruitt era QB’s coached by Weinke. It’s going to be interesting to see who emerges...and definitely satisfying to see a well coached QB.

The problem for Maurer is he’s no longer the most athletically gifted QB on the roster which was really his main selling point previously. But now:

Arm Talent:
Bailey> Maurer

Mobility:
Salter>Maurer

Dumb social media comments:
Maurer> everyone

Who I want to see at Qb:
Anyone>Maurer

The problem for Maurer is he’s no longer the most athletically gifted QB on the roster which was really his main selling point previously. But now:

Arm Talent:
Bailey> Maurer

Mobility:
Salter>Maurer

Maurer> everyone

Who I want to see at Qb:
Anyone>Maurer

Oh I agree. I like his competitiveness and confidence, but honestly, I have never been impressed with his QBing ability.

Reactions: Bruce Wayne
When they made the hedge fund close on the GS stock, the stock price jumped big time, and all the Reddit users could then sell their stock for profit. That's the strategy of a short squeeze.
The only thing I don’t get about it is that they have huge unrealized gains right now. They can’t all sell at the same time to turn those into realized gains. It seems to me that they are probably going to profit (if they got in early enough) but when the sell-off happens most aren’t going to make nearly as much as the current value, right? Am I missing something?

Arm Talent:
Bailey> Maurer

Mobility:
Salter>Maurer

Maurer> everyone

Who I want to see at Qb:
Anyone>Maurer

Maurer needs to STFU about most things. I’m kind of tired of the excuses being made for him by certain people in the FF that he’s an emotional kid or whatever . I get that some people wear their emotions and causes on their sleeve, but it’s time for him to maybe come across as more quarterback than cheerleader for anything that crosses his mind that particular day. You throw in the fact that he drives a Lime Green Charger and it screams that this kid just wants attention. He’s capable of being a good QB, but I don’t think that was entirely Weinke’s fault the way he looked during the 2020 season.

The same Redditors that raised GS stock doing the same thing to AMC since RH blocked the trade. They have more steam now since it’s national news that RH f’ed their customers. AMC is down right now so it’s cheap and no telling what it will rise too
I know very little about this, but because it's Friday I just went and bought some AMC.

No big surprises so far. CJH is bringing some of his staffers, and they'll get sweet deals. Steele envisioned a different scenario and is ready to leverage that golden parachute. In the game of UT musical chairs, Chaney and Weinke aren't finding one. Tee's contract expires Sunday. UT is working on deals and will pay buyoUTs for those disinclined to job search. UT won't get a buyout from Ansley, who had an NFL clause in his contract.
Chaney and Weinke can’t find a job?!?!! Say whattttt? Lol.

With the core of the offensive staff known, the million dollar question is where is Heupel going defensively with his coordinator position.

Heupel spoke with Kevin Steele on Wednesday evening and again on Thursday. Most feel that Steele will not remain on staff, but there has been some dialogue between the two. Heupel has spoken with the rest of the staff, minus Tee Martin, who has been at the senior bowl, all week.

As of Thursday night none of the holdovers from the Pruitt era have been let go. Meaning Jim Chaney, Joe Osovet and Chris Weinke will still report to work on Friday. It’s a bit bizarre with offensive staff members already in the building from UCF.

It’s thought that Heupel’s defensive coordinator will have a heavy hand in who is hired on defense. So we will see what direction Heupel goes with the DC decision first and foremost.

One interesting note on the team side of things is that while no one thought quarterback Brian Maurer would be back, he is currently part of this football team and feeling rejuvenated. Heupel recruited Maurer very hard coming out of high school and the North Central Florida product is happy about the change.

- Hubbs

I’m trying to figure out what’s going on with Scott Frost and Nebraska. Scott took UCF from a team that put up 13.9 ppg his first year to 28.8 ppg his second year to 48.2 ppg and an undefeated 13-0 record his 3rd and final year there.

Nebraska is a 700’s team. That’s the team talent level. We’re an 800’s team. Alabama and Georgia are 900’s teams. Ole Miss, Kentucky, Mississippi State, South Carolina and Arkansas are 700 teams. Before Frost got to Nebraska they were the 24th most talented team in the country and the 5th most talented team in the B1G. This year they are still the 24th most talented team in the country but he’s inched them up to 4th most talented team in the B1G. They’re still a 700’s team. Even though we’ve been an 800’s team, we usually come in at 7th most talented in the SEC.

A lot of people have been asking the question, what’s wrong with Nebraska? The goal, much the same as it is here, is to get back to the 90’s Nebraska, but that’s easier written than done. In the 70’s, 80’s, and 90’s, Nebraska was the Pittsburgh Steelers of college football. They had facilities and would recruit well, get some good players, bring them in, get them in the weight room, juice them up, and then go out on Saturday’s and kick everybody else’s ass. Then, it is said, a lot of other schools, in particular a lot of southern schools, built facilities, got good players, and the landscape of college football changed. It didn’t help Nebraska going from the Big 8 to the B1G. They might have got more money but the challenge on the field became steeper.

I can remember when we were bringing in the #1 recruiting classes in the years of our most recent run of success. We had the facilities and we had a legacy of winning and so we just kept rolling. Then a lot of other teams caught up and we fell off of a cliff.

Around Nebraska people offer any number of explanations about what’s wrong. One novel assessment I read about is that those around the program, mostly fans, are living on borrowed swagger. The idea is their identity is still rooted in the 90’s. That’s who they think they still are – but they’re not. The proposed solution is to find a new identity – something I’m not sure how you do. No one I could find could suggest to me how you do that. They said the greatest obstacle to the program right now is the weight of its legacy.

More than a few cornhuskers are troubled by the thought of “what happens if Scott fails?” While he has yet to have a season there where he reached 0.500 he did beat James Franklin this year. He’s been able to marginally improve their recruiting, the offensive production, and the defensive performance, but it’s not anything to write home about. The strength of the Nebraska teams of old was they had the best players on the field. The strengths of our teams in our glory years was that we had the best players on the field. For the foreseeable future it doesn’t look like either one of our programs are going to be able to recapture that mantle. Too many other teams caught up with us and passed us by. jmo.

HERE'S A STORY often told among Nebraska faithful. They were close, thisclose, to giving up. The losing was too hard and too insidious. Like one Nebraska alumna who told her husband toward the end of the Mike Riley era in 2017, "Get rid of them." She was ready to surrender the season tickets they'd had for decades. A few weeks later, when Nebraska officially brought Scott Frost back into the fold, she called her husband: "Don't do it! Don't get rid of the tickets!"

SCOTT FROST SNEAKS into a mostly full auditorium on a Sunday afternoon in late September. Hundreds of Nebraskans have gathered at Lincoln East High to honor the 2019 inductees for the Nebraska High School Sports Hall of Fame, including Frost and his father, but Frost is late for the festivities. He had been in Illinois the night before, overseeing an uncomfortably close win over the Illini. Another day in 2019, another dicey affair.

The Huskers survived that particular scare in Champaign, but perhaps the truth of what this season would be was evident then. They had not yet gotten demolished by Ohio State or Minnesota, had not yet been embarrassed at home by Indiana. The signs were clear for those who wanted to read them. "I know we're bad. But are we Illinois bad?" one fan wailed that night.

But before those downfalls, there's this: Frost on a stage, taking his place among the state's greats. He accepts the honor, then honors his home state. He tells of the double-wide trailer he lived in with his family for a few years when they first moved to Wood River. He talks about watching his mother coach track and field at Nebraska in the 1970s, pushing the bounds of what was deemed socially acceptable then; of his father coming up on tough times as the football coach in McCook, Nebraska.

"I watched him get fired. If you're a coach, it's going to happen sooner or later," Frost says, then pauses. He smiles just a bit. "Hope it doesn't happen to me."

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back