Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doesn't stop the NFL from drafting Bama players that bust at the next level. I don't care what Swain says....guys like Hyatt are going to kill in this scheme and get drafted. Well, I think they will lol.
Yeah Bama WR busts Julio Jones, Calvin Ridley, Jerry Jeudy, Cam Sims, Henry Ruggs, Robert Foster and Amari Cooper. Terrible busts

Why not Chaney or Graham? I think Graham is most likely based on nothing.
If it's a member of the coaching staff, you have to assume Pruitt, Nieds, and Felton are radioactive after being fired for cause. Jay, Ansley, and Friend have jobs already. That leaves Tee, Osovet, and Chaney. I hope it's none of them and "staff member" refers to someone who was on the support staff.

Swain also said that one thing that worries him about Huepel’s offense is that it doesn’t produce NFL receivers. He said guys will put up a lot of numbers, but that they won’t be developed because they will mainly be running quick slants and screens but won’t be learning the entire route tree. Is that true?
No

Man i hope so. I hope we find another tackle in the portal just in case but as a whole i really like our OL in an isolation scheme JH will put them in a lot of positions where they are running against 5-6 man boxes.

Here is a diagram of one of the staples of their run blocking against a 3 man front or a 4 man front. A lot of people call this Jolt or Dart.

View attachment 346297

View attachment 346293View attachment 346300They like using the backside tackle to lead the charge to the 2nd level. Matt ruhle loves stuff like this as does Lincoln Riley. The 49ers do it a lot with kittle when he is on the backside of a run play. This also gives you a lot of options as an rpo if you trust your QB. They usually space out their slot options and have them shoot to the boundary so the OLbs or Inside corners have to decide instantly to go with them or commit to run on the inside. It’s putting a lot of pressure on those defenders and it’s a very easy way to get your RBs to the 2nd level quick or have a very easy 4-6 yard completion for your QB.

@VolMike16 here is one

Reactions: nesbuddha66
Swain also said that one thing that worries him about Huepel’s offense is that it doesn’t produce NFL receivers. He said guys will put up a lot of numbers, but that they won’t be developed because they will mainly be running quick slants and screens but won’t be learning the entire route tree. Is that true?
He wanted Tony Elliot

Well for me personally I want to see a TEAM. Yes mistakes happen and we are not going to win them all. But I want to see our coaches and players lay it on the line on Saturday's and look like they want to be here. That is the biggest improvement that can be made. I don't think these kids had fun playing the game they love and MOST of the coaches either acted like they didnt give a damn.
💯 . Now that we have an AD that will do AD job stuff and leave the football hiring to the HC. And the HC isn’t an A hole maybe we can have a United Coaching staff and a real “team “ mentality where everyone is working together for a common goal

Reactions: SweetAsSodaPop

DCJW

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back