Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Things seem to have turned out alright but we absolutely should’ve just fired Pruitt after the A&M game and given him his buyout. I like heupel but I bet we could’ve gotten Franklin or someone of that caliber.

No doubt. This is big boy football and you don't invite the wolfs into the sheeps den. Optics would have been much better to fire for performance, eat the buyout, then self impose.

We are going to end up paying much more overtime for this transition.

Talking with a Clemson booster yesterday and he made a good comparison to what Fulmer has done that I never thought of... Bobby Bowden.

De1 not happy about the Heupel hire

To be honest about it neither am I but at least I'm sort of getting past being angry about it. I could get to happy, maybe, eventually, but I'm not going all in like I have before. I'll try to be objective though. Let's see what he can do. I mean seriously, what choice do we have? I should also say I'm not extremely pessimistic but I'm not going to be optimistic until I see someting from our team on the field to be optimistic about. I do think there's some chance we start year one 3-0 and then we have a 7 game stretch that may be pretty brutal, then maybe win the last 2. I think if we win just 1 of the games in the 7 game stretch and lock down the other 5, I think we'd have done pretty good. Anything better than that would likely be genuine cause for optimism. jmo.

Who do you think would be some good targets for coordinators and assistants?

Pretty sure JH is bringing some of his staffers. Steele, Simon and Osovet are people UT would like to keep in some capacity. Not sure how or where that fits in with JH's plans. Not a lot of enthusiasm for Chaney or Weinke. UT has already talked with Garner. I think you'll see a lot of familiarity with the hires, with an emphasis on family and stability. Deals will be structured to make guys feel comfortable. And it will send a signal to the players that UT is listening to them and addressing their concerns by bringing in guys that will stick around and invest in them and the program.

Hot take, I wouldn't mind keeping Chaney. Heupel is calling the plays. Chaney can dissect what he sees in the booth down to the field
Please no. Honestly, if no member of the former staff stay including Steele (except Graham who might already be gone) I would be happy. Clean house is what we need.

Reactions: FBtime
Tennessee director of football programming Todd Watson is expected to join Nick Saban’s staff in a support role

Bye

F that gump. When Pruitt was hired, he was going around Birmingham/Mtn. Brook openly talking about how they were going to build UT up and then come back to Alabama after Saban.

These guys were nothing more than mercenaries collecting a check who deep down despise UT.

So, here's an odd question. At The Nick Saban School for Coaching Rehabilitation they have like a billion support staff positions and analysts. We started doing much more of this under the Pruitt/Fulmer Administration if I remember correctly. Is that something that we'd expect to continue and be used by the incoming staff? Or is that something likely to go the way of the McDonald's cash payment system?

I feel like in theory more coaches and eyes on a gameplan could have advantages. But, I also don't know if there's a reason to think that more opinions might just get in the way of clear thinking.

Reactions: ATC_VOL
At times i honestly felt bad for JG. It’s like dude stop asking the kid to find 15 yard patters.

What's wild/sad all at the same time the Heupel offense is what JG would excel in. Ya get a 1/3 of the field to work with on quick reads with a lot of one on one where your goal is to get it to the WR fast and let them work in space. A few shots down field when the defense gets greedy and ya put it where only your guy can get it or no one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back