Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it’s crystal clear Franklin was the target and we failed to get it done

Remember white has bragged about setting traps to the media. He acknowledged two leaks yesterday and one was the offer to Franklin
I don't think so. I think it was Heuple since before White was hired. All the other stuff was window dressing. I know I sound like a tinfoil hat guy right now but I believe this has been in the works for weeks.

If he wins, recruiting will be fine also
i think if he comes in and can show a relative immediate turnaround on the offensive side of the ball, and really showcase what can be done...and show it on tape the difference from last year to this....that could help.

Ole Miss didn't win last year, but they play an exciting brand of offense, and it's gotten attention...hell you'd think Ole Miss won 7 or 8 games if you didn't know better with the buzz around that program....

give a reason, any reason, to get excited about the outlook. if wins come with that...great....

Looking at Mizzou’s 2016 schedule, it looks like Heupel’s offense racked up a ton of points/yards against cupcake teams, but did little against the SEC teams, so there’s more to it than just looking at the overall offense rankings year to year. 2017 is basically the same story, maybe only slighty better. I know some Mizzou fans and most of them back this up and were unimpressed with CJH’s offense there.
I know some Tennessee fans that were impressed with his offense at Missouri.

In regards to the DW and negavols on Twitter:
I agree with his thoughts that we shouldn’t be so negative on social media. You can be mad we lost a game or whatever but threatening coaches/players is a bad look. Even today, I noticed people saying how they hate this coach and he’ll never win because he’s fat, ugly, has a stutter... I mean this is just stupid, and that kind of stuff should stay off Twitter

Why the 6 yr deal then if it's a bridge hire? They thinking this could be a 6yr penalty from the AA?
it's the not knowing, and any incoming coach with that hanging out over your head is gonna want something to help cover the back end should it go bad....and if this goes bad, it's not gonna all fall on JH's shoulders.

pretty much the cost of doing business for us right now, under the circumstances.

Our golf team is ranked #4 and #6 by two polls. They're good and Coach Webb is one of the best coaches in college golf.

I've started following swimming as well. Both by girls swim and their mentor on our local swim team is currently on the Vols swimming roster. Its not football, but hey....

I've started following swimming as well. Both by girls swim and their mentor on our local swim team is currently on the Vols swimming roster. Its not football, but hey....
that's awesome. makes things so much more exciting. my girls were in 3-4 yr old soccer before the Pandemic, and while I dont miss much about that. I dont want them to miss out on sports and activities.

Reactions: G8rh8r
It's not going to work on any fanbase. That is the way CEOs treat employees. We're not employees. We are the people you're trying to sell something to. Your job is to run the program and kiss our ass not the other way around. DW has to earn our trust. We don't know him or give a damn about his family legacy. We will pump that up once we see results but until then you gotta earn it. You can't bully us into going along.
The day an AD starts kissing fans asses is the day he's done. That's almost laughable to even think that's his job. Are you posting drunk?

that's awesome. makes things so much more exciting. my girls were in 3-4 yr old soccer before the Pandemic, and while I dont miss much about that. I dont want them to miss out on sports and activities.

Anything to get my kids to cheer for the Vols. Another girl from our team is heading to Rocky Top this fall to swim there as well. Go AquaVols!

I hope your kids get back to sports soon. Swimming, while not my idea of a fun way to spend a weekend, has been a godsend for my kids. Good exercise and a way to socialize some

Devo, go back and read my post. I never said I wouldn’t be on the board and keeping up with what’s going on. I said it would be my last post for a while. I am respecting AD White’s wishes of not posting negative comments on social media, so I have been venting to my text group buddies, who everyone on here knows. I hope Heupel can somehow succeed. He has been dealt a very difficult hand...7-2 off suit against pocket Aces. I hope he can pull a rabbit out of his hat and win somehow. I won’t post anything negative. Good day, sir. GO VOLS!

I am really looking forward to seeing some new faces as far as assistant coaches. Tired of going around in circles with the same ones. I hope COVID is in check so we can all go to the Orange and White game. One other thing, I bet White want have to do all the PR work like Fulmer did for Pruitt. Its going to be a healthier relationship between the Coach and the Admin and the Boosters. Heupel seems to be a kind man and doesn't treat people like they are beneath them. All these factors will help in bring back our Football team. I really really hope Heupel is successful and is here for a long time. Of course wining will help a lot also. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back