Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
We went on this explosive search to build a new “decade of dominance” and we end up with the guy from Whites last job. Really? A guy who even their fans are scratching their head over because of our interest. You can all attempt to build up your case for Heupel in your head and rationalize it with hopes of Missouri in 2017, and these Offensive stats from UCF but just remember one thing... the Atlantic Conference is NOT the SEC. The talent needed to run this style of offense currently doesn’t exist at UT and probably won’t because the necessary players would rather go air it out with Leach at Mississippi State.

I’m so excited for this hire I can t stand it!
I disagree. I think we have two really good quarterbacks and great speed at the skill positions. What more do you need for this type of offense? I actually think this offense will cover up some deficiencies on the line as well.

Two ways to look at it:

1) Could we have done better? Sure. But the Chancellor wasn't going to stand for some of these coaches, and they were working with a specific profile. Finding a fit within certain parameters isn't easy, especially when you factor in UT's current situation.

2) Could we have done worse? Definitely. Building in a safety net set the floor, and we got a good AD in the bargain. It's always nice to have a guy in your backpocket. That was a smart move.

We avoided freefalling, stopped the bleeding and now we can rebuild.
Extraordinarily rational take.

Jesus Christ Hank. 90% of NFL coaches walk into a situation destined to fail. White black tan brown or green. Unless you have a Brees, Watson, Rodgers, Brady, Mahomes, Wilson - well, you better be a damn good coach or else you’re fired in 2-3 years. Even a Goff and Allen are piss without great coaching. Like 10-15% of the league has elite QBs who will make any coach look good. Maybe 60% of the league has system QBs who need a great coach. The rest of the teams are in limbo. Recycling coaches every year hoping something clicks.

If Adam Gase was getting the Texans job, would he be getting ‘setup to fail’ or would it be another episode of ‘systemic racism’ holding minority coaches down?
Whoever is getting this job is destined to fail lol

Oklahomans like their Braums

98605336_2951141741608247_6621880852127154176_o.jpg
Can confirm. Long lineage of Okies. Braums is church.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back