Current (and Former) Player Reactions

Wait just a doggone minute.........Haven’t these players and families heard how much this hire sucks.

I do like what CJH said at the end of the press conference when asked about former players and their involvement with his program...{not an exact quote} that they were always welcome and that he needed their presence and support...

Reactions: Peanut and JK Vol
It’s crazy how people will blindly follow whatever they are fed isn’t it? ...

Only slightly more crazy than convincing yourself it is a bad thing rather than taking a "wait and see" approach.

Surely CJH has enough of a track record that, at least, the possibility exists that he could be successful?

It’s crazy how people will blindly follow whatever they are fed isn’t it? I was one of those people for every hire since post Kiffin. I think a lot of people are trying to find some way of convincing themselves this is a good thing
I get why people like the hire. I get why people don't like the hire. I don't get the need to form up tribes and yell at each other about it lol.

To be honest. I’m venting more towards the previous admins and coaches than I am this hire. It’s their fault UT football ever got to this point. I hope the new regime is successful. Will be shocked if they are but I’m hoping I’m dead wrong.
Ditto, UT administration and big money boosters haven't gave a dang about football since Kiffin bailed. That's the truth.

I get why people like the hire. I get why people don't like the hire. I don't get the need to form up tribes and yell at each other about it lol.
Because most people today feel the need for their opinion to be validated. They will push a narrative, good, bad, or indifferent until they get that validation. JMO.

It was reported that Peyton was involved in the coaching search, so I would like to think he put his stamp of approval on this hire.

Reactions: CaliVol2009
So three hours in and we have a grand total of 4 or 5 players or former players on board? Can you smell that wet fart we just hired?
Curious as to how well some of these negative comments will age? The man hasn't been on campus a day and already working uphill with the fan base. Some vol fan's expectations are ridiculous. Imagine the same expectation were asked of you as a person and a fan? :rolleyes: I assume life would be hard.

Obviously current players will only have good things to say... He's the one who will decide how much playing time they get. Imagine a current player publicly criticizing their coach. That's not going to go over well in the locker room.
I would agree to that ten years ago. Today, if they don't like the coach, the enter the portal and move on. I think the 2022 recruits will be very interested in the new HC.

I would agree to that ten years ago. Today, if they don't like the coach, the enter the portal and move on. I think the 2022 recruits will be very interested in the new HC.

No school is going to want a transfer who bad mouthed the coach on his way out.

VN Store

Back