Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Know how I know that's not true?

Very few people wanted Tee to be HC.
Tee also doesn't have HC experience and his performances as OC have been really underwhelming. IMO, that's why people have never wanted him for HC.

If Tee had's Heupel's resume, then I think the tweet is on to something but probably not 100% correct.

Totally unknown as far as I know. He was visiting the fake UT the other day.
I heard that he was in Austin, but I was really hoping that he wasn’t completely gone yet. I think he could be really good in this scheme. I don’t see him being as dynamic in Sark’s offense based off what I saw this past season at Bama. He still could be very good, but he’s not going to be getting those YAC yards like Najee.

I don't know. If he wants to win, he better. I think for the most part TN recruits itself. I think we can recruit top 15 just because we're Tennessee. But I think he needs to get a top notch staff to help him recruit. head coaches don't do much recruiting anyway, it's the staff. And if he overachieves this fall, the offense takes off in year 1, recruiting will get much easier.

I wasn’t sure!..I just thought I’d ask because I wasn’t aware of how good he recruited at UCF..do you know what kind of defense he runs?..and if we will be making a transition in the type of players will need to be successful

Do you guys think he will be able to recruit in the SEC and pull in big names like 4 and 5* recruits

@Bassmaster_Vol @Ron Swanson
not speaking for them...
but initially...no. and i'm not gonna hold it against him. the program has a stain on it right now...and it's just not gonna be easy to compete with bama, uga, clemson, osu, uf, etc....for the same group of dudes.

doesn't mean we shouldn't try or whatever...but i think if you're gonna live and die, like we have been the past 5 or so years, w/every big time recruit's decision, you're setting yourself up for failure....

looking back on it....Butch was so scared of rejection, he wouldn't try, Pruitt was so cock sure, he didn't have a back up plan when they didn't commit here.........there's a happy medium in there, that's where we should probably be operating.

at this point, just get the guys you target, evaluate and know want to be here and fit what you want to do, on and off the field....and develop/coach/teach/train. S&C is still important too.

i like the idea of focusing on the in state etc....but i think we all know there's a lot that goes in to that....so we'll see.

and if we thought pruitt's first cycle was gonna be a tough sell with the first ESD, i'm not sure this one isn't tougher, with the portal issues and NSD being next week, and no real way to close anything....i think it may be interesting to see what they do in the transfer market/Juco and grad transfers, after spring semesters end....

past that, i'm not getting hung up on rankings or anything at this point.....

giphy-1-gif.345858

giphy (2).gif

Attachments

• giphy (1).gif
    giphy (1).gif
    3.2 MB · Views: 1,246
It absolutely does. Just like a regular hiring process. You vet and review backgrounds of multiple people. Then you make offers.
You agree on all the big terms verbally to where it's a matter of signing the papers. I can 100% guaranteed he offered this job to multiple people but was rejected before the paperwork

Welp. About 90% of non Tennessee media and sports forums like reddit are absolutely bashing the hire and are laughing at us again. Didn't realise how much UCF fans HATE this guy. I mean seriously go check it out.

Very likely we are going to be back here in 4 years. I'm not happy about it. But it is what it is. We are probably cellar dwellers for another decade.

I wasn’t sure!..I just thought I’d ask because I wasn’t aware of how good he recruited at UCF..do you know what kind of defense he runs?..and if we will be making a transition in the type of players will need to be successful
A bad one. Needs to hire an elite DC

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back