Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hot take

JH wins more games next year than Franklin would have or any other coach and here’s why

We are going to be a below Average defense and Franklin would have tried to play “normal” football. We would have lost a 1 or 2 more games at a 31-28 type score.

Jh is going after games like Lane did this year. Those 31-28 games are going to be 45-42.

now long term Franklin would have been WAY better but next year 7-5 is going to feel like 10-2 under JH

With what's left of our O line?? Okay....

It’s 2027 and SEC network and our team twitter account posts video highlights from the 20 year memory of winning the East then the follow year we get to honor the 1998 team for there achievements 30 years ago...I’ll be in my 40s by then with my two teenager boys. A LIFETIME ago...

The part that sucks is when you see schools like FL make a bad hire, that coach at least sets up the next one with good talent. Every time we fire a coach we just got further and further into a deep black hole, with less talent and a bigger mess each time. It’s like a competition.

If UCF hires Freeze, I hope Neyland crumbles
With possible NCAA sanctions, we could never hire Freeze.
Bottom line: No one we could hire with possible NCAA trouble wanted this job. DW’s connection with Heupel made this possible.

We've been complete **** for 11 years yet are one of the top revenue schools in the SEC. Time and time again they've gone to the clearance section to hire coaches. This was the hire you couldn't **** up. And they did.

The irony will be complete once Freeze goes to UCF

Reactions: AppStVol
from chris low
From coaches I have talked to, will have a good offense with JH. Mixed reaction from coaches Low has talked to about JH. Most concerning is the ability for him to recruit in the SEC. Coaches Low talked to last night said that was the overwhelming concern most had on JH.

At this point I don't even care about recruiting. We have had so many blue chip busts in the past 10 years it's unbelievable. Let's see if this guy and his staff can actually coach up a competent offense (and hopefully have Steele coach up a competent defense).

The supporting staff will absolutely be the key to whether he has a chance to succeed or fall on his face--- please tell me we are spending the "left over money" to make sure we get what we need to support him?
i would imagine that's the goal. just like the goal was hire the first guy on the HC list.....fingers crossed? lol

Reactions: volinbama256
This biggest gut punch with this decision is we were promised a program builder. Heupel has not proven that in any capacity. So we were set up immediately for failure from a fan expectation standpoint. That is Danny White’s error, and now one he must own. If he had come out and said “Given the circumstances I will get the best coach available and give him every opportunity to succeed,” we wouldn’t be as underwhelmed; most would accept this as par for the course. You can’t promise steak and serve a hamburger.

It’s an uninspiring hire, especially given we upped White’s salary and paid a search firm for him to hire his buddy. It may or may not work out, but the optics are horrible at best.

We will be lucky to crack 500. My guess is we lose to AL,GA,FL,OM,KY, split MO and SC (probably lose to MO). Lose to Pitt. Beat Vandy and three OOC teams. Puts us at 5-7. His firstbrecruiting class will end up 15-20 good for 10ish in the conference.

7-5 and it will be a very fun product to watch

You will be on board soon

DW has a history of hiring the guys nobody saw coming.. I didnt expect him to do anything different here, none of us should be surprised. His hiring road is paved with success... so I for one am gonna trust it and get behind this thing. Offense is king, and we might just finally get one worth watching.

I get the Freeze appeal, but if you are UT administration, how do you trust Freeze not to eventually humiliate you in one way or another? It’s simple- you don’t.
Because if Freeze even sniffs in the direction of a hooker and gets caught, he’s done. He knows that if he messes up again he’ll never coach football again.

Reactions: TN-POSSUM
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back