Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
No need in spinning it any way. With pending sanctions, we did what we could.

At this time, we are not looked at as a desirable place to coach. We are Toxic. Period. That’s the cold hard truth. If anyone sees it any other way you are delusional.

No amount of money is gonna change that.

Now, who’s to say we didn’t hire a good coach that can weather the storm, and put some points on the board?? We have two good kids at QB that will be coached up by one on the best QB coaches in the country.

If he brings in a good staff, who knows what will happen. Maybe he sets the world on fire and maybe he falls on his face. Time will tell. But stats prove he knows offense.

No need in being down and pouting about it, it is what it is. We tried and with how the culture and with the looming sanctions overhead, coaches won’t touch us.

So really you need to point the distain towards Pruitt, and this is what we got in return.
Yes a big part is Pruitt. It is also our administration opening a full blown investigation on our coach and inviting the NCAA in. We could have kept it quiet but saved a buyout to get rid of him. Now coaches don’t want to be here.

They need to save their breath and not even have an introductory PC.....no words, sunshine pumping, or stats are going to buy any support of good faith.

If they want support winning is all that's going to bring it now....and better win quickly.
yeah...that's probably gonna be an issue lol sorry.

I mean I guess I can get behind this hire since the guy seems to be a really good offensive mind. But knowing Freeze was sitting there foaming at the mouth, dying to sh!t on Saban, Mullen and Smart just makes me sad.

I get the Freeze appeal, but if you are UT administration, how do you trust Freeze not to eventually humiliate you in one way or another? It’s simple- you don’t.

Reactions: MarcoVol

At this time, we are not looked at as a desirable place to coach. We are Toxic. Period. That’s the cold hard truth. If anyone sees it any other way you are delusional.

Now, who’s to say we didn’t hire a good coach that can weather the storm, and put some points on the board?? We have two good kids at QB that will be coached up by one on the best QB coaches in the country.

If he brings in a good staff, who knows what will happen. Maybe he sets the world on fire and maybe he falls on his face. Time will tell. But stats prove he knows offense.

No need in being down and pouting about it, it is what it is. We tried and with how the culture and with the looming sanctions overhead, coaches won’t touch us.

So really you need to point the distain towards Pruitt, and this is what we got in return.
Kiffin could have been the guy who could have came in despite the sanctions and united the fanbase. This was an easy hire and Tennessee blew it like always

Seriously why not Tony Elliott, I find it hard to believe he would say no to 5 million lmao

Maybe cause he didn't want it? Just like Franklin and I am sure several others. Look where we are as a school. We were toxic when we hired Pruitt in desperation and now we are under an investigation facing stiff penalties. What top coach would really want to leave a successful program to come here and live under probation for several years? Right now the only hope we got is that somebody like Heupel who may not be flashy, and not the big whale we all wanted, to come in and WIN! This is where we are as a school. Put yourself in Heupel's shoes coming to a school that is already seeing people trash you and make fun of you. Its one thing to be unhappy with the hire but the personal attacks are completely unnecessary. If he is hired today Heupel has my fll backing and I hope and pray he can get us back to winning. GBO!

I guess I'm with Bass on this one. I can see some upside here. I'm disappointed but he's NOT Butch Jones. This guy knows football and knows offense.

He's really similar to Drinkwitz, actually. This hire would look better if we hired him off his first season at UCF and he was 12-1 just like Drink was at App State.

Why wouldn't a coach want to come here?

- We play in the toughest conference
- been irrelevant for over 10 years
- our roster still isn't where it needs to be
- after you fail, must go to coach rehabilitation school
- oh yeah, NCAA breathing down or necks

I'm disappointed, but we should know better than to get our hopes up. CJH could be good. His personality isn't going to win anyone over, bit his offense might.

I've heard he is better than kiffin, and this might be true, but right now he is Kiffin light. Great offense but no swagger or personality.

this....

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back