Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's what's kind of weird. Wouldn't the Buffalo coach of made more sense if he was going to do a rehire?
Buffalo scored and ton of points, but it was almost al from their rushing attack. They were like 110th in passing. Maybe White didn't think that was going to work in the SEC.

So Penn State has the scandal to end all scandals and they hire Bill O'Brien and then follow that up with James Franklin, but we're such an unattractive destination nobody wants to come to Knoxville? I think all that malarkey we hear about this is just people around the program trying to justify their failure, some of whom post to this thread. I tell you this, they don't start off these searches in the gutter. No, they start off "over the moon". We just tend to end up in the gutter because they're FOS and incompetent beyond measure. jmo.

I don't know much about this guy. Do you think he has the ability to beat Saban, Kirby and Mehlen? Or are we hoping we can come out ahead of SC, Mizzou and Vandy?

Low is on Swain Event. Sounds like according to him that we struck out on A LOT of coaches to end up with Heupel.
there's no way we didn't. we have struck out pretty big on every search. and that was w/out a complete overhaul at every level of leadership AND ncaa cloud and half hte roster in the portal.

it really shouldn't be a huge surprise....

It's Heupel. And I think it is a good hire, reserving the right to change my mind in three years.

We have to face it, Tennessee is NOT a destination job. We have been told "Thanks, but no thanks" by coaches all over the country. It is a pipe dream we were going to hire The One True Coach that everyone knew would have us in Atlanta in three years. The only ones of that ilk are Nick Saban, Urban Meyer, Lincoln Riley, Dabo Sweeney, Ryan Day and Brian Kelly. And not one of those would do more than take the phone call to say "no thanks" and then laugh about it with their staffs. Geez, there are a lot of folks on here who would have balked and raised Cain if it was being announced we were getting Kirby Smart, who is a notch below that group.

We're a mess. Let's hope CJH's youth and energy shows positive results quickly. Frankly, given the coaches that have turned us down, we're lucky to get someone of this caliber.

Go Vols and Welcome to Knoxville, CJH.

Even still... no matter the number. We can’t attract big coaches because our administration is a joke. Who holds a three month investigation on their own coach and invites the NCAA in just to save a buyout? Coaches don’t want any part of that.
Agree. Realizing where we are as a program, I think we did okay here. As Nick said, dude might be Lincoln Riley. He needs a defensive coordinator tho in the worst way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back