Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it's Heupel, I think a few of things are helping me give it a shot:
- It smells like we took our shot at someone huge and got turned away. Sad, but understandable w/ the coming NCAA stuff.
- On Heupel: this AD vetted him once, knew the program inside & out, and could reasonably expect to know what the trends were.
- He scored tons and tons of points. The man is an offensive savant.
- Matched up w/ Steele (or some other SEC-capable) as DC, this team could actually make some noise.

I know I'm #teamsunshine. But I'm just excited to see some fun roll back up in Neyland!

We went on this explosive search to build a new “decade of dominance” and we end up with the guy from Whites last job. Really? A guy who even their fans are scratching their head over because of our interest. You can all attempt to build up your case for Heupel in your head and rationalize it with hopes of Missouri in 2017, and these Offensive stats from UCF but just remember one thing... the Atlantic Conference is NOT the SEC. The talent needed to run this style of offense currently doesn’t exist at UT and probably won’t because the necessary players would rather go air it out with Leach at Mississippi State.

I’m so excited for this hire I can t stand it!

I am going to get up out of my arm chair, fire up my coffee pot, and think about getting a refrigerator magnet that says "Better to Be Happy than Mad".

Is that the real Jimmy Hymas account?

I do like the personality fit of JH. Laid back student of the game. Gives off an Andy Reid / Freddie kitchens vibe. Really interested to see his staff and how he handles the porter both outgoing and incoming. I also hope we can tap into that Midwest pipeline between Oklahoma and Memphis. I remember pulling Robert meachem out of Oklahoma.

After sleeping on it, this hire is better on paper than I expected at the beginning of the search.

Heupel is boring and not much fun to look at, but I watched some interviews last night and he seems personable.

We will score points - that will make us competitive. I’m going to need to see the staff and I’m really hoping he puts an emphasis on in-state recruiters.

WVLT ch. 8 local Knoxville news is reporting the there's a team meeting at 8:00 AM. They are presuming that it's to introduce the new coach. They're also saying it's coming from Jimmy Hyams.

Reactions: ATC_VOL
When JH is announced I beg fans to stop the negative on Twitter. Games are going to be WAY more exciting to watch and this new coach has one hell of a steep mountain to climb with the ncaa mess those fools left him. They don’t need this stupid ass fan base being fools on Twitter making it harder than it already is

Well we all wish you would stay the hell away from VN, but we know that aint happening.

As for your take, These stupid ass fans didn't make this job unattractive moron, the administration and boosters did.

I do like the personality fit of JH. Laid back student of the game. Gives off an Andy Reid / Freddie kitchens vibe. Really interested to see his staff and how he handles the porter both outgoing and incoming. I also hope we can tap into that Midwest pipeline between Oklahoma and Memphis. I remember pulling Robert meachem out of Oklahoma.
One of these names is not like the other. Also the pipeline was shut down last week....

He got worst in non Covid years also. UCF is a much worst team than they were when he took over. Other programs have passed them.
No they haven’t.... he lost one game and then three games the year his qb went down..... if you are expecting 13-0 or even 12-1 every year then you will be disappointed no matter who we hire.

We fans have an extremely inflated sense of the Tennessee Head Coaching job. It’s a toxic landfill fire. It’s still Matt Campbell till it’s not.
To a certain extent yes. We have been led to believe they would open the checkbook and get us a big name. Right now we have a big name AD.
May be that the is so unattractive now no big name will touch it. Heupel's offense is amazing ....in that conference. Can he recruit in the SEC ?

If I am pissed at anybody it's Phil and the gump.

I am going to get up out of my arm chair, fire up my coffee pot, and think about getting a refrigerator magnet that says "Better to Be Happy than Mad".

Is that the real Jimmy Hymas account?
Nah, this belongs to a sleep deprived new dad who upon review can’t speak in complete sentences haha.

I’m not even mad, just impressed that the showmanship around this coaching search boiled down to hiring a former employee. I get that we aren’t a too job, but the candidate pool of more proven candidates was much greater than just Heupel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back