Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has AP mentioned that Heupel isn't 100% signed, sealed and delivered? Basilio said its on the doorstep but not there yet. Gives me a little hope
Yes he & Hubbs both said that it wasnt a done deal, just talk heating up - the actual video was posted in this thread - & still everyone freaks out like it's a done deal. smh

Reactions: mr.checkerboards
I want the big names. I want Freeze. But we aren’t getting them. I’m just putting out there what we know to be true: Heupel is a brilliant offensive coach. He is a great developer of QB’s. He’s done this as both an OC and as a HC. I think that if you pair him with a great DC he could be successful. That’s all. If nothing else the offense will be fun to watch.

I don’t know how any of that is a bad take or even debatable
@BruinVol

You've been challenged to debate. Don't pass up this opportunity. Use your contrarian abilities for good, just this once.

I’d like to know what it is they don’t like about him. Recruiting is basically the same as it was under Frost. He’s also only had one bad year there and it wasn’t that bad. 6-3 in the covid season with 10 opt outs. I don’t get it
It could be after Frost, they think they should be undefeated every season or bust.

I would think they have more sense than that. But it could be possible. But damn. He had the exact same season in his first year that Frost had, just with a bowl loss.

Reactions: Bassmaster_Vol
Imagine if we had just gone the route many of us have been spouting for months by just firing Pruitt and going after a real winner.

We wouldn't be getting turned down by quality coaches because we have sanctions looming over our heads. Auburn dishes out 20 million to get rid of their coach.... South Carolina dishes out 15.

Glad our incompetent administration decided to extend and report Pruitt in order to fire him for cause all in the same year.

Why does our admin love making bargain bin hires, yet give them absurd contracts and buyouts making their removal highly difficult? Maybe if they started hiring winners ages ago we wouldn't be a national embarrassment of a program.

Got home from work and skipped a lot of pages trying to get caught up. In less than 5 minutes it went from Freeze to Steele to Sutterfield to Cristobal to #%%/÷÷#%^^&<_%$":&&$"÷×+........ I couldn't scroll fast enough to make sure we had not hired Butch back. So UCF's head coach? Hey, he has a great offense.

Heupel is the sacrificial lamb for us to make the right hire in 2024. Hope the buyout won’t set us back.

What a waste of millions of dollars for (a) getting Steele for 2 months; (b) hiring an investigative law firm to kill our program; (c) buyout of old AD; (d) buyout of new AD from previous school; (e) hiring the Parker search firm to screw us again; (f) hiring another rental coach. There should be an investigation into money wasted since November.

I wouldn’t be surprised if we don’t give him a 5 or 7 year deal, I would rather have Steele for a year than make a long term deal with the sacrificial lamb.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back