Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve been living and breathing this program for 25+ years. It’s going to be tough, but I need to find a way to take a hiatus from following this so closely (UT football in general, not just the coaching search).

It’s going to be so much better for my mental health, and family as well.
I’m right there with you... time to step away a bit. We’ve submarines ourselves thinking we could flip the script but it’s gonna bury us deeper. Heupel sounds like Pruitt without the recruiting prowess. Hope the offense is worth it but wouldn’t call him an innovator by any means, copycat maybe...

Still may not be Heupel though.

1. our source is Austin Price
2. some rando says the dude is on campus walking around, but literally no one in Knoxville media has verified it?

I'd say Heupel would land in my top 10-15 realistic candidates for the job as it sits right now. He's a better hire than Kiffin, Dooley, & Pruitt were at the time we hired them. Better than Dykes, and I like Chadwell but he's gotta prove this year wasn't just a fluke with COVID cause he's had 2 losing seasons at Coastal before this one. If anything having an AD with no leaks has proven the clickbait stories will increase, something I didn't expect at all.

I don’t understand hiring Heupel when Hugh Freeze wanted this job. This admin owes us an explanation as to why they’ll go after shady James Franklin with his horrific past but not give Freeze a call.
Come on man, that has been explained numerous times here. He was investigated and cleared. PSU would've no doubt done a very thorough search into it all given what they had just gone through and wouldn't have hired him if they had doubts.

Reactions: SoilVol
I shouldn't say worst HC hire candidates.

I guess I should say uninspiring HC hire candidates
I want the big names. I want Freeze. But we aren’t getting them. I’m just putting out there what we know to be true: Heupel is a brilliant offensive coach. He is a great developer of QB’s. He’s done this as both an OC and as a HC. I think that if you pair him with a great DC he could be successful. That’s all. If nothing else the offense will be fun to watch.

I don’t know how any of that is a bad take or even debatable

I said this earlier but ill say it again, there’s a reason we’re not talking to Sexton’s clients. I believe that reason is because the violations aren’t as bad as expected and they would have to dilvulge that information to the clients and sexton.

Let me see if I follow
Step 1. In order to save some buyout money we torpedoed our self by firing Pruitt for cause.
Step 2. Pay big money for a new AD
Step 3. Have his coaching search be hampered because of the way we torpedoed the last guy.

Yeah that sounds about right.

Reactions: tbones0711
Honestly Bass, I'm not sure I believe anything that has come from any media source during all this...

My plan was to enjoy all this, see who gets introduced at the PC and go from there.. It's worked so far, so I'm going to stay with it.. 😎
I mean I still wouldn’t be surprised if Campbell walked across the stage tomorrow

@Neyland Rising should walk off into the sunset as an VN legend.

Honestly, I would never post again. I'd retire that username tonight, but still log it occasionally just to give mere mortals something fun to do on VN. A like here, a like there, but never utter a solitary word again. Pass now @Neyland Rising , into myth. Your home is with the Gods now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back