Coachery

I agree with you on the AD part. As for the next few years, I wouldn’t begin to speculate no matter who is hired. It is an uphill climb for anyone.

And I think your last sentence is the exact reason why we it’s going to be tough to get a big fish. I don’t think back up the money truck is gonna work.

I am aware of that I also know the reporting that goes on during these searches is many times way off and is proven to have been way off when the AD talks about the process at the press conference. Many of them get information but many times it's either way behind or flat out misdirection info. Just because the minnesota papers run a story saying Fleck is not interested in tennessee doesn't automatically say they offered him the job. I just used that as a example. And these reports that come out I am hearing so and so, and then the next they are hearing another so and so doesn't mean they offered or if it is even true. More times then not it's just a educated guess. GBO!
How is this mindset still a thing after the last three searches?

True, we aren’t even getting a chance to make an offer. That only comes when we know we have a yes.

This is one of the dumbest posts I’ve seen today and there have been a lot. Congrats.

Well, first of all. Thanks. That means a lot. Your smart post is missing a comma after your coordinating conjunction and before your second independent clause.

2nd... ummm... Do you know why deal-makers are paid lots of money? It's not to cement the status quo, but... I'll acquiesce.

Well, yes. In the end, it is. It is precisely the AD's job to make people WANT this job. Be a kingmaker. Be a problem solver. Be a wizard. That is why AD's are hired for big money.

That's literally the only thing that he absolutely has to do for the next 365 days. He'd have a lot of time to hobnob and party if he'd get in done in the next 3.

To some extent, you are right. The AD in a normal situation should be able to show the coaching world a nice pair of legs...

tenor.gif

...and get someone to stop and salute.

But what if your previous athletic director didn't even leave you legs to show off?

nzHA6Y.gif

You've got a program facing probation and requiring a major rebuild. White has the money to make this happen. But there are lot of programs out there who have enough money to keep what they have. And they aren't staring probation in the face with a team the best in the league treat like a scrimmage opportunity.

This is what White is up against. But I'm convinced he'll find someone better than what these rumor mills are churning out.

Next thing you know, someone will have us in advanced negotiations with the likes of Rich Kotite and Gerry DiNardo.

To some extent, you are right. The AD in a normal situation should be able to show the coaching world a nice pair of legs...

tenor.gif

But what if your previous athletic director didn't even leave you legs to show off?

nzHA6Y.gif

You've got a program facing probation and requiring a major rebuild. White has the money to make this happen. But there are lot of programs out there who have enough money to keep what they have. And they aren't staring probation in the face with a team the best in the league treat like a scrimmage opportunity.

This is what White is up against. But I'm convinced he'll find someone better than what these rumor mills are churning out.

Next thing you know, someone will have us in advanced negotiations with the likes of Rich Kotite and Gerry DiNardo.

Hahahahahaha... lord. I stand by the fact that White's job is to make Malbec out of Lemons... but you win. I quit. Damn fine post.

Reactions: Herman Hickman
You make it sound like we are, as a program, at a place where we can just pick our coach. The idiotic thought that we could just dump money at a coach and he will come is gone. We are gonna get punished.

Heupel is a good coach who would do good here I think.
To add to this point. There is nothing in the last four years that allows me to believe any UT team could have beaten any of his UCF’s team.
His teams put up big numbers on offense and we certainly have the ability to recruit at a higher level.
His former OC is putting up big numbers with Kiffin.
With Steele, Rodney Garner, Simon and maybe Ainsley we have good defensive coaching and plenty of SEC recruiting gurus.
I was hoping for a big name. I think White was as well. But we are coming of a 3-7 team with half the freaking team in the portal and the NCAA investigation looming.
Not sure what everyone wants. I guarantee DW struck out with big names and knows Heupel is a solid coach.
If White couldn’t land someone bigger I doubt anyone else could.
If this is the hire, I can get behind it. It checks a lot of the boxes for me.

Last edited:
Reactions: VOLinNorthKnox

tenor.gif

nzHA6Y.gif

Best post, by far, of a depressing night.
Thanks. I’m going to bed.

Reactions: Herman Hickman
Well, first of all. Thanks. That means a lot. Your smart post is missing a comma after your coordinating conjunction and before your second independent clause.

2nd... ummm... Do you know why deal-makers are paid lots of money? It's not to cement the status quo, but... I'll acquiesce.
Appreciate the grammar lesson. Have you been an AD? You do realize that the AD manages more than just coaching hires, right? Again, you win the prise fur dumbest post of the Dey. Cungrats

This post reads like you got a thesaurus for Christmas.

Reactions: 90 Vol
Appreciate the grammar lesson. Have you been an AD? You do realize that the AD manages more than just coaching hires, right? Again, you win the prise fur dumbest post of the Dey. Cungrats

Your welcome, and no, and yes, and do you realize why the last AD got fired (err... retired w/ buyout)? Was it because of the "more" or because of the coaching hire? ;) night night.

You surely mean between the first independent clause and the coordinating conjunction; it is a compound sentence after all.

Good to know
For what it's worth White appeared to be introduced to the whole Haslem clan at the Missouri game at halftime. It seemed pretty obvious that he hadn't met any of them previously. Not to say that he hadn't talked to them but it felt like a meeting for the first time. He was introduced by the Chancellor and he spent the majority of the half time chatting there.

Reactions: volfan8
I am always cautious, some might say slow on the uptake. If we take UCF’s coach, I wonder who they get?

VN Store

Back